WTF!! She should get more time!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 22, 2013.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

2. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Perhaps while she is serving time she could complete her work towards the claimed Masters degree. More than two years would be needed, so yes, increase the sentence.

KGB:cool:

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

What a sick person.

Have they given any actual motive why she did this?

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

According to her lawyer, she did it so she could get more cases down and therefor advance in her career.

5. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

Cases like this are the reason we should have no death penalty. The system is inherently flawed because humans are inherently flawed.

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

She's facing 3 to 5 as part of a plea deal in exchange for her pleading guilty. If she pled not guilty and went to trial, she probably would have gotten 10-20.

This is kind of a local story for me so we've been hearing about it almost weekly for the past year it seems. Part of me thinks that she's just being scapegoated... where were her bosses in all of this?

7. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

Why would they offer a plea deal? And maybe your right about others being involved. Her supervisors and coworkers had to know something was up since it's been such a long time period of her doing this. I only know what's posted from the links.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You think that's a light sentence. Check this one out.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...history-to-be-jailed-for-withholding-evidence

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Plea deals are offered to many times when people commit crimes that aren't something like rape or murder. Saves the state a bunch of time and money that they would have had to spend through the whole trial process.

10. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

I understand, but IMO this isn't an ordinary case. This affected so many lives and not just the ones who got convicted. The trust that the American people and law put into certain occupations should require less leniency.