wth? All of a sudden my wifi doesn't work on my iPad :/

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ki2594, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

My network works on my iPhone 3GS and MacBook Pro but all of a sudden today the wifi network connects on my iPad but when trying to load a webpage it gives me an error. I reset the network settings to no avail ;/

Help?!

2. BrennerM macrumors regular

Make sure your screen brightness is not set at minimum. Even a tiny notch above minimum can make a difference. That may not be the solution but make sure you check it.

A reboot might be in order as well.

3. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

already rebooted and yeah its like halfway up brightness wise. this is so annoying

4. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

Welcome to the world of wi-fi issues with the iPad. I'm on my 3rd. I recon the same team who made the iPhone 4 antenna made the iPad wi-fi antenna!:mad:

5. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

First, try rebooting your iPad.
    Next, try resetting your router.
    You can also try deleting your WiFi setting and re-entering it.

Or you can replace your iPad if your warranty is still in effect. Or wait until the firmware update comes along in the Fall.

6. MikeTemple macrumors member

MikeTemple

I hope so, because both are excellent.

Your problem is not antenna related.

That doesn't mean there isn't a problem though. My iPad works perfectly with all wi-fi, except my home access, which disappears for a few seconds every now and then, usually after it gets woken up from sleep. I suspect it is a firmware problem, which, thankfully, can be solved with an update.

We can do nothing except wait for Apple to fix it :(

7. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

All iPads are still under apples 1 year warranty. If you can't get it to work, head on over to an apple store and they'll swap it right out for you.

8. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

argh i don't wanna replace it cuz i have an anti glare on it, but its pointless if it doesn't work online. might get an appointment this weekend.

thanks guys, sorry if theres been wifi threads like this i didn't see.

9. VNM macrumors member

Try powering on/off your router, especially if it's a d-link

10. chrisiw macrumors regular

Yes mine is the same, quite poor in fact! As regards WiFi within my home, it often goes then comes back on, when my MacBook always is ok and never looses the signal, I do hope that a software update does do the trick cos I love the iPad:confused:

11. teflonrico macrumors newbie

I've had a D-link router in my home running for more than a year and never had any issues... My iPad works great on it.

Something more constructive would perhaps be to head on over to somewhere with free Wi-Fi (Starbucks or even the apple store) and see if you have the same problem... That way you could figure out if it's your router or the iPad

12. chrisiw macrumors regular

I have seen a few threads on this issue and there have been a few mentions regarding the SCREEN AUTO BRIGHTNES, saying that if you turn it off it corrects the WiFi reception, I did not believe them, but tried it and yes it does work, this is so strange! But yes it does work::p

13. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

It's got to do with sleep mode and battery conservation. Your wifi is shutting off. That is why adjust the brightness effects the wifi. It has to do with the power 'scheme'.

There is also issues with using the old encryption methods.

There have also been post from people updating the firmware on their router fixing the problem.