WTT: BRAND NEW iMac 17" 1.9 w/ 1.5GB and Applecare for PowerMac G5

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
I JUST got my replacement iMac 17" yesterday and then today I found out a friend of mine is going to sell me his 20" Dell 2005FPW monitor at a great price :) I am interested in making a trade for a PowerMac G5. I can toss some cash in if necessary so make some offers.

I have a 17" iMac G5 1.9 with the Ram upgraded to 1.5GB (purchased and installed in Apple store) and 3 full years of Applecare (not even registered yet). Let me know if you would be interested. Thanks! :)

Pics added :)

WILL ALSO SELL FOR $1400 SHIPPED!!

Full price this would cost $1698 + tax
Student price this cost me $1500 + tax

Attachments

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
PM sent. Probably looking for something with a bit more power so keep the offers coming :)

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Chrispy said:
PM sent. Probably looking for something with a bit more power so keep the offers coming :)
Yeah let me know. I'm in no rush to part with my baby anyway, I seem to have been upgrading more than anything lately:p The 17" would be a little small for me, but I'm assuming I can do dual displays with my 24" Dell.

Anyway, good luck in your search!

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Chrispy,

I have a friend with a Dual 1.8 with applecare too. I know he was considering a new imac. I will email him and let you know.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
w_parietti22 said:
Yeah... me too! That would be an awesome setup!
I don't think that would look very good at all....a white iMac next to a black dell monitor? It would be cool, but I don't know about awesome...

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Thanks for all the replies :) I have PMed may of you and eveyone else keep the offers coming. I will probably buy the monitor regardless and would like a powermac to go with it, but if I don't get one I will try out the spanning hack (assuming it even works on this brand new revision). Keep the offers coming everyone :)

barrettd

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2003
Oklahoma City
Eluon said:
I would use the screen span hack, keep your iMac and use the dell with it!
Wouldn't the picture on the Dell look kind of bad compared to the iMac? I'm under the impression the iMac is VGA only out. I've been thinking about trading my DP1.8 for an iMac, but I didn't think the video out would look good on my Dell LCD.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
barrettd said:
Wouldn't the picture on the Dell look kind of bad compared to the iMac? I'm under the impression the iMac is VGA only out. I've been thinking about trading my DP1.8 for an iMac, but I didn't think the video out would look good on my Dell LCD.
It won't look bad on the 2005FPW, which is 20". On the 2405, it'll probably have some problems (maybe). I know a lot of people who use the VGA out on the iBook with screen spanning doctor to a 2005FPW and it works great. Of course exposé is a little choppy, but hey.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
barrettd said:
I have used the hack before on an iBook with a Dell 2005FPW (I used to own one) and it didn't look bad at all. It did, however, run horribly because of the 16MB of graphics memory in the iBook being dedicated to the display. However, putting the Dell monitor next to the iMac monitor may cause it to not look quite as nice. The monitor on the iMac is seriously the clearest 17" monitor I have ever seen!

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Just to give you an ideas of iMac's running dual screen. with spanning doctor, I've attached a poor camera phone pic of my setup. It's a 19inch LG1920 1280x1024 screen, running next to a 17inch iMac.

It's a mess of a setup really, white iMac, black external screen, silver/red MS Notebook mouse (sorry - finally gave up on the Mighty Mouse), 60Gb ext. drive for backups and 300Gb ext. drive for video stuff.

Attachments

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Danksi said:
Just to give you an ideas of iMac's running dual screen, I've attached a poor camera phone pic of my setup. It's a 19inch LG1920 screen, running next to a 17inch iMac.

It's a mess of a setup really, white iMac, black external screen, silver/red MS Notebook mouse (sorry - finally gave up on the Mighty Mouse).
Well there ya go haha. The hack does work haha. Good to know for if I end up with the Dell and no PowerMac. Keep those offers comin' :D

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Chrispy said:
Well there ya go haha. The hack does work haha. Good to know for if I end up with the Dell and no PowerMac. Keep those offers comin' :D
It works well for me. I'm not sure whether the spanning hack will allow a higher resolution, if I had a better ext. screen. 1280x1024 is just right for what I use it for anyway.

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I have a rev. A SP 1.8 G5 with 1.5 GB RAM. There are extenuating circumstances... check out my thread here. Cash could be involved... let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Thanks for all the offers everyone. I am really hoping for a dual processor model (dual 1.8 would be more than enough). If anyone has a dual processor model let me know :)