[WW] The MRville Horror, Part 3 GAME OVER - Villagers Win!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Welcome to the third installment of the Werewolves Game!

First of all, I just want to say that this game is recommended for players who already played a previous game, or feel that she/he understands how the game plays out fairly well. The rules could get a bit overwhelming if you don't understand the underlying game (which is very simple actually, but might be difficult to grasp if you haven't played before).

Right now, the thread is open for sign ups and rule discussion. Please provide any feedback you like to the rules below. This is your game - all feedback will be considered and discussed in the thread. There are some minor adjustments of the rules from the previous game (the most notable being that I will only post who the kills are at a certain time of the day, to avoid the players with concealed activity times from having an advantage.)

I also added the vampires, with minor adjustments. Please comment and give me your thoughts.

And last, but not the least, I added a few roles to the possible new role listing - feedback and suggestions/thoughts on those are welcome.

Parts in the (semi-)final rules that are bolded I'd particularly like feedback on.

RULES:

The framework will be the same as the previous game, so if you have any questions about the previous game, you can read the first thread here, and its sequel, here. Feel free to also ask a question here (or via PM), but I really think that reading the thread will clear a lot of things up.

GAME RULES:

The Werewolf Hunter: The Werewolf Hunter can pick a player to protect every night. However, the hunter cannot protect the same player two nights in a row. S/he also has an additional ability to instantly kill any player of his choosing. This ability can only be used once during the game, so choose wisely! Immune to werewolf attack.

The Vampire Hunter: Same as the Werewolf Hunter, except he is immune to vampire attack.

The Werewolves: Same as before (can PM each other, picks one villager to eat per night). One werewolf (Kamikaze Werewolf) has the ability to pick any one villager to kill during his lynching. In other words, if he is voted to be hanged, he will take one villager with him. The second werewolf (Alpha Werewolf) can at any time during the game, pick one villager to infect. This will convert the villager into a normal werewolf (no special abilities) and join the werewolves' team. Depending on the final roster of players, there might be a third werewolf, but this one will also have no powers.

Seer: Seer can find the true role of any ALIVE player.

Undertaker: Same as the Seer, except for DEAD players.

Villagers: Same as before.

Vampire: There will be one vampire. At first, he is a regular villager for all intents and purposes. The only thing he can do is pick a player to scan each night in the hopes of discovering a willing victim, the Goth. Once the vampire discovers the Goth, the Goth will convert into a vampire, and they will, as a team, pick from whom to drink blood, which will turn the player into one of the Undead.

Goth: Same as the vampire, scans players to find the vampire. Once the Goth finds the vampire, he/she will convert into a vampire. Will take the reigns of the Undead if the vampire dies.

Note that the vampire(s) are NOT on the werewolves' side, so they will NOT know who the werewolves are, nor will the werewolves know who the vampire(s) is/are. Also, the werewolves and the vampires can NOT kill each other (if one group picks a member of the other group to kill, nothing will happen that night, similar to the result if the player was protected by a hunter). This does not apply to the Goth until s/he has been converted. In other words, the only way for the werewolves and the vampires to kill each other is to get the villagers to do it.

Miscellaneous:

a) Villagers can NOT PM each other.

b) Werewolves CAN PM each other.

c) Players can edit their posts during the game is in progress, however if you edit your post, you MUST give an explanation of why/what you edited.

d) Dead players can NOT participate in the game - this includes providing information, encouragement, tips or otherwise. While I will not be a nazi about it - dead players can post funny ghost animations or whatnot, they can not post substantial posts.

e) Voting for lynching will close as soon as majority is reached.

f) Voting can only take place in the daytime. Any votes made during the night will not be counted.

g) For clarity, when you vote, bold the name of the player you're voting for. This alleviates confusion and makes it easier for me to count the votes. You can also play with this - "I really like Bob, he's a great guy" counts as a vote for Bob You can jokingly vote by not bolding the name - it will not be counted.

h) You can retract and change your vote at any time up to the close of the vote.

i) The game will begin at DAYTIME.

j) This question has came up in the discussion, so here is the turn order during the night:

Seer scans;
    Hunters protect;
    Vampire/Goth scans (or attacks);
    Werewolves attacks.

If the vampires and werewolves pick the same player to kill, then only one person will die that night.

END OF RULES

PLAYERS:
    1) Melrose - vampire slurpee
    2) jav6454 - lynched, werewolf
    3) abijnk - killed by a Hunter, werewolf
    4) chrmjenkins - ravaged by werewolves
    5) ucfgrad93
    6) Rodimus Prime - killed by a Hunter, werewolf
    7) willbro - Werewolf snack
    8) iBookG4user - Vampire cocktail
    9) Gelfin - lynched, vampire
    10) Don't panic
    11) tooz
    12) King Mook Mook
    13) iBlue - lynched, villager
    14) philbeeney - lynched, villager
    15) stonyc - werewolf cajun jambalaya
    16) Tomorrow
    17) mscriv
    18) renewed
    19) Mexbearpig - lynched, vampire

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

In

Best to start on the day, otherwise we have one player who's just there for starch and filler and doesn't get to play.

questions:

judge: Villagers elect a judge, and the judge then decides who to kill? Or he simply narrates the hanging?

vampires: This differs from werewolves how? I'm still confused about this. And what exactly does he "scan" for anyway? Blood type?

Freemasonry: This I get (at least the way you describe it), but not entirely sure it's useful? Other than ability to PM other villagers, but in that case, if only villagers can be Masons, then it's basically a free scan for the villagers, right? (eg: *can't be a werewolf* He scans, turns out to be a werewolf, and wala! [sic] he knows who the werewolf is; if that makes sense...)

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I want in. I have no preference when the game should start. Although I'll be happier if it be Night if I were a Wolf.

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

In!!!!

Edit: Here are my comments on the rules...

Really like the vampire/chosen one role, not so crazy about the "goth" idea.

The only other special player I really think is neat is the shaman. But I'm a simple folk with a simple taste. ;)

6. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

7. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

That's what I'm thinking as well, but some feel that there was nothing to go on during the first day. That's why I left it open.

Nah, the Judge basically conducts the vote as a parliamentary process - he brings up the issues for discussion, and calls for a vote. This brings quite a lot of power - the Judge can, for example, bring up a vote for no lynching at all. The parliamentary process means the Judge or villagers can bring up an issue like "Is Mexbearpig a wolf?" and another seconds, then the Judge decides to run a vote and the number for a winning vote, and if it passes, Mexbearpig is a wolf. What to do about it? Another vote.

As you can see, this can bring a LOT of complexity into the game. We can set up boundaries to ensure it doesn't go out of control, and so on. But I hope you get the gist of what I'm thinking.

The vampire, at first, is just a villager that scans, basically. The vampire doesn't do anything but scan. However, once s/he scans the chosen villager, the chosen becomes a vampire, then they become a duo like the werewolves, and kills each night. As for how the vampire scans... psychic powers? By smell? Who cares? ;)

Yeah, that's why I said this class needs some work. Not sure how to get around that. Perhaps if the Mason picks a werewolf, the werewolf will get into the fraternity, and then know everything that's going on, and will tell his were-mate :eek:

8. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Im down! (This means I wanna play :p)

And I'm not sure I competely get/like the judge role and the freemasonry. But I like the vampires.

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Change it so the person the two Vamps choose becomes a Vampires him/herself, and even though dead to the outside can still, zombie-like, have a say behind the scenes in a private, Vampires-only voting, and it's a great idea.

They're killed off, and technically out of the game (no voting w the rest of the Villagers/Werewolves), but can still be involved with the other Vampires in deciding who to suck dry.

Masonry might be a bit complicated, since there's already a couple mods to the former game. :)

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

As for the whole starting in the day or night thing, either way you've got one player who dies before anything really happens. But, at least when you start in the day time all players get at least one vote. As such, I think it's best to start in the day time.

11. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Actually the chosen is already chosen, the villager just doesn't know it (only I do), but once the vampire scans that villager, I'll inform the vampire that he got a mate, and can now kill, and inform the formerly innocent villager that he is now a vampire. That's basically how it works now.

But your idea is actually pretty awesome. I'll have to chew on it a bit - perhaps scrap the current vampire scheme, and basically have one vampire that leads everyone who's dead in the game, and they all vote who to kill at night and the vampire reports to me. So basically the dead vote at night and the living vote at day. And the werewolves cause trouble on the side. Sounds awesome as ****. But there's some balancing issues I feel needs to be addressed. What do you think?

And hey, it makes it quite alright for the first player to die ;)

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I will be highly surprised if during the firts 2 scanings the vampire catches the "Chosen One"

13. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, it should be difficult, since once the vampire finds his mate, there'll be two kills per night.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

2 killings per night? Dam, you'll need at least 20 villagers to survive or have a chance to make it through if you are on the village team.

15. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I'm not sure it should apply to all the lynched innocent villagers... Only the ones the Vampires(s) decide to bump off.

So, perhaps a way it might work is:

a. Vampire scans to find his ashen soulmate; once successful, they become Vampires and then proceed to vote on who to do in next;

b. Each person they do in then joins their Vampire team, and they decide who to do next.

c. Repeat Step b.

Just my thoughts. If all Villagers become Vampires when they cork off it kind of just makes it a free for all. But the Melee idea could be fun too, just more work. However it works, the game should progress naturally between Werewolves/Villagers, and the Vampires only when they have a majority, but not more than one per night. This doesn't disrupt or slow the rest of the players and also encourages the Vampires to be fast about it. If you get lynched by the Villagers, you just die. If you get sucked dry by the Vampires, you join their team.

16. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

In other words, a merging of the vampire and freemasonry roles. I like it!

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

So do I. But quick question, do the vampires start attacking the warewolves (and vice-versa)? Or do the Special being sjust win as soon as villager population reaches equal or lesser value?

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I want to play again and I would like to last longer than the FIRST night.

20. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Well, already know who I am voting for. :p

I think we should try it with the vampire roles as they are defined now, and see how it goes. We can always expand and evolve the roles in future games.

21. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

22. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

This.
    As for my final thoughts on it all:
    Keep current vampire rules and add the goth.
    Axe judge and freemasonry
    Keep hunter and guard as one.

23. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

24. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

What happens if infected werewolf changes the chosen one before the vamp finds him? Nullified? Otherwise, once turned, he could inform head vamp of who the werewolves are. Converse situation also applies. Can infectious turn a vamp and know who the vamps are? For these reasons, should they be unable to kill one another (thus not knowing if their prey is special or is protected by hunter)? This would create an interesting scenario where they may try two nights in a row knowing the hunter cannot save twice in a row. Then they can try and persuade villagers to lynch that person for their own benefit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.