[WW] Triumph and Heartbreak on the Oregon Trail - GAME OVER/VILLAGERS WIN

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rick snagwell, Apr 15, 2014.

1. rick snagwell, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014

rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

So it seems its been a couple months since our last installment of [WW] has ended, and we have a renewed interest to get going again!

I will start the sign-ups, and along with Queen of Spades, will host this game.

New players are welcomed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and a previous player will help you.

GAME ROLES:

THE GOOD GUYS:

Hunter: The Hunter can pick a player to protect every night against werewolf attacks. However, the Hunter cannot protect the same player two nights in a row, and cannot protect him/herself. The protection does extend into the daytime, meaning the Hunter can protect a villager from a Kamikaze Werewolf attack. However, the hunter does not protect against infections, but can be infected.

Seer: The Seer can find the true role of any ALIVE player.

Villager: The villager is the average person, no special abilities.

Neighborhood Watch: Two/three villagers that can exchange PMs with one another. Their members can be infected and they cannot recruit additional members. They have no decisions to PM to me. What they discuss is up to them.

Undertaker: The Undertaker can find the true role of any dead player.

THE BAD GUYS:

The Werewolves: Werewolves can PM each other. They pick one villager to eat per night. There are three kinds of werewolves;

a) Alpha Wolf, can at any time during the game, pick one villager to infect. This will convert the villager into a normal werewolf (no special abilities) and join the werewolves' team. The infection is effective against specials such as the Seer.

b) Kamikaze Werewolf has the ability to pick any one villager to kill during his lynching. In other words, if he is voted to be hanged, he will take one villager with him. no kami ww this game

c) The normal Werewolf has no powers.

Miscellaneous:

a) Villagers can NOT PM each other. (exception: neighborhood watch members)

b) Werewolves CAN PM each other.

c) Players can edit their posts during the game is in progress, however if you edit your post, you MUST give an explanation of why/what you edited.

d) Dead players are allowed to post as much or as often as they want. But they must make all of there posts in the colour gray. The posts are also not allowed to influence the game in any way. If you are unsure of a post topic, don't post it. Good posts are along the lines of "Good job villagers!". A bad post would be: "I think Bob is a wolf." If people start posting things that could influence the game, I will ask them to edit the post to remove the offending text then reinstate the jav rule.

e) Voting for lynching will close 24 hours after day has started. (Unless stated otherwise.)

f) Voting can only take place in the daytime. Any votes made during the night will not be counted.

g) For clarity, when you vote, bold the name of the player you're voting for. This alleviates confusion and makes it easier for me to count the votes. You can also play with this - "I really like Bob, he's a great guy" counts as a vote for Bob You can jokingly vote by not bolding the name - it will not be counted.

h) You can retract and change your vote at any time up to the close of the vote.

i) The game will begin at DAYTIME, the days are 24 hours unless specified else. The person with the most votes will be lynched at that time. In the event of a tie, the first person to that number of votes is lynched. I also remind you that the villagers can agree to not lynch anyone with a unanimous vote.

j) There will be a TIME LIMIT of 24 hours for Specials to send in their PMs. The time limit will be 24 hours after the posting of the lynching. (NOT after the voting closes). Please remember that you can pre-PM these actions at the start of the day preceding the night in question. You can change this action up until the next morning. If I receive all the needed PMs before the end of the 24 hour time limit, the night will be shortened and the next day will start.

k) I will post special results as soon as I am online and have them all. Thus, it is highly recommended that you set your profile to invisible mode so that other posters cannot view your login activity to see if you were online in the period between lynching and special results.

l) This question has came up in the discussion, so here is the turn order during the night:
    Werewolf infects
    Seer scans;
    Hunter protects;
    Werewolves attack.

m) It is recommended that the players put their status into Invisible Mode.

PLAYERS

1. Astroboy907 - John Benton
    2. Scepticalscribe - Clara Heath
    3. Moyank24 - Charlotte Adams
    4. Plutonius - Telly Barnes
    5. TechGod - Oliver Tull
    6. ravenii - Abraham Adkinson
    7. -aggie- - Josiah Young
    8. Tomorrow - Henry Barlow
    9. Koodauw - Nash Williams
    10. twietee - Elijah Caldwell
    11. Don't Panic - Doc Robinson
    12. imaketouchtheme - Ezra Sheppard

lynched
    killed by WW
    traitor

-------------

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN
    DAY ONE - TWIETEE LYNCHED BY HIGH VOTE.
    NIGHT ONE - MOYANK HAS BEEN KILLED BY WOLVES
    DAY TWO - ASTROBOY LYNCHED BY HIGH VOTE
    NIGHT TWO - DON'T PANIC HAS BEEN KILLED BY WOLVES
    SS LYNCHED BY HIGH VOTE
    RAVEN KILLED BY WW
    TOUCH LYNCHED BY MAJORITY
    TECHGOD KILLED BY WW

GAME HAS BEGUN!

2. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ah, wonderful; a WW sign up thread. (Rubs hands gleefully). We have not had one of these in ages, and many thanks to you, both of you, rick snagwell and Queen of Spades, for offering to run it between you.

Very well then; count me in.

4. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I can't wait for QoS to yell at people in story format. :D

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I see not much has changed around here. :)

9. twietee, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014

twietee macrumors 603

twietee

In.

I see you added a new twieteedit clause. That comes handy.

10. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

so we have 12 players right now, we shall see if there is more interest or if QOS thinks that is a good amount.

if you still want to play, ill make a waiting list.

11. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

12. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Let's keep it at 12 for this game. Only question is the weekend. I should have the story/roles background written up by tomorrow - but do we want to start tomorrow, or start on Friday and have a longer day one?

I'm open to either. And hush, Koodauw and aggie. :D

13. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

well i work tomorrow (24 hours)...so lets start friday, and have the first day end sunday night?

(pacific time)

14. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I look forward to playing my first WW game. Ill give the rules a good reading before we start. Is this anyone else's first time playing?

15. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Me! Have no idea what I'm doing. Guess I'm were-toast.

16. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

I very well know why you posted this:p It's so that AstroBoy and I read the rules I am certain you have played before.

First time playing read the rules twice for good measure.

17. twietee, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Same here. Did you understand the rules? Who is Bob? And what does - "You can also play with this: "I really like Bob, he's a great guy" counts as a vote for Bob..." mean??!

18. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You should read the rules thoroughly for EVERY game. They always change.

No, really. They do.

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

20. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Wow. Interesting.