WWDC 2015 is cracking up to be the most uneventful in years.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ajiuo, Jun 3, 2015.

1. ajiuo macrumors 65816

iOS - Focus on stability
    OS X - Focus on stability
    Apple TV - Nothing apparently
    HomeKit - out of the bag

I was really excited for the Apple TV stuff... It's been like three years already... Hopefully they have something halfway interesting up their sleeve :-/

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

With the "epicenter of change" headline, they have to have a surprise in store.

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

4. reptarwilleatu macrumors regular

reptarwilleatu

*sigh*

agreed.

5. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

I personally don't care about Apple TV. I have a Chromecast and that paired with Plex is enough for my streaming demands (hooked up to a NAS that auto-downloads new shows I like as soon as they premiere/movies with CouchPotato).

What I am interested in, however, is a music streaming service and huge improvements to the stability and performance of both iOS 8 and Yosemite (the latter is a disgrace in those departments on retina Macs).

So it won't be uneventful for many people who have the same interests as me.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Uneventful for some eventful for others.

7. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

Im convincing myself that it will be the worst and most boring WWDC yet. That way when something unexpected is announced, it will exceed my expectations lol

8. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

This is pretty much how I approach life lol

9. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

10. BlkHammer macrumors regular

You literally made my day.

11. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Well, in my opinion, previous keynote releasing research kit is surely the most boring one, especially when Tim Cook introduces something new (which I think it is not so new) on apple watch. I have reviewed previous keynotes for roughly twice at least. This one has been excluded already.

12. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

IPhone 6c? Or something brand new in iOS 9?:p

To be honest, in my opinion, if apple can fix most issues in iOS 8, especially that heck continuity feature, I will feel rather pleased.

Apple really need one build or two to wrap everything up.

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

If iOS 9 still includes the rumoured Proactive feature, an iTunes streaming service is announced, developers are given access to the full Apple Watch SDK, Watch OS 1.1 is released with improvements, iPad split-screen multitasking is demoed and Swift 2.0 is announced, I think it will be moderately exciting. We're past the wholesales redesigns of iOS and OS X, and at a conference recently used exclusively for software announcements, it's never going to be the most exciting in the world.

You never know, we could get a preview of the iPad Pro or a Mac Pro refresh. Maybe they'll announce a Force Touch enabled Magic Trackpad so developers start utilising the API a bit more and it's not just restricted to 2015 MacBooks. I'm sure they'll be at least one thing which is unexpected.

14. nickhutson macrumors regular

Of course WWDC isn't for the general public - it's for the app developers. Apple were really geniuses to let the public do all the work, really!

I hope we at least see the App sore for the Apple TV - it's a cash cow for them! Who wouldn't want BBC iPlayer and Channel 4 on demand for the Apple TV, as well as a host of silly games with in app purchases?!

15. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Well, according to this list, it appears that wwdc 2015 could be another exciting event packed with features and technologies.

Nevertheless, before real wwdc, everything is just only prediction.

16. lchlch macrumors 6502a

17. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Hopefully they're changing the streaming music industry. I personally cannot wait for that. Seriously, I'm not enjoying the Spotify trial too much.

18. EthanLMT macrumors regular

EthanLMT

Exactly what I was thinking.

19. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

Call me crazy but i'm still excited...iOS and OS X updates for free even if it's really minor...at least it's not Windows! Anything else will be a pleasant surprise. I usually watch events like this with really low expectations and anything else will be a good surprise. That's basically how I go about life too! I went into Age of Ultron thinking "won't come close to the first but if I see some stuff get destroyed i'll be happy." Turned out to be a great film so I was pumped. Low expectations = less disappointment with potential for excitement.

20. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

If it does turn out to be boring (it wont) that would be fine with me. I'm excited to be on vacation during the Keynote but hate to miss the live viewing.

21. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I like what you treat life, and I expect everyone should learn how to lower their desire and hope to lower impact when fact is extremely different from hope, especially worse than what expected. And this is what I am looking for.
    Taking about free update, I must say this is a bold move and this really shocks Microsoft, cause software is their most important cash source. However, Microsoft Office is really awesome while iWorks are still really poor in functionality and capability (I don't want to even mention the lack of support for Microsoft Office documents. That doesn't mean you cannot open it with iWorks, though.). Windows 10 is really great, although they may borrow Mac OS X mission control as their own task view.

22. Matheew944 macrumors regular

and if the Iphone 4s wont get IOS 9 update???hahahahaaaaaaaa

23. af21187 macrumors 6502

I'm glad people jump to conclusions based on rumors. Makes for real entertaining posts. fact is, none of us truly know what is in store for WWDC 2015.

24. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

That's exactly. However apple has not much choice on something, for example, iOS bug fix delay.
    I don't know what would happen on iOS 8.3 users, but iOS 8.4 may pack with this fix. And I am sure some users will test that string again on iOS 8.4.

25. jonblatho macrumors 6502

jonblatho

I've tested again and again on iOS 8.4 Beta 3, and the text string has never crashed my iPhone. I'm curious if it's limited to certain devices, if I'm Doing It Wrong™, or if it's a bunch of people on an older version of iOS 8.x.