WWDC Keynote : any suggestion how to reproduce those transitions ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jenheta, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Jenheta macrumors regular

Hey all,

After SJ's keynote at WWDC, I was asked how he (or his pupils) did the 1) country listing and 2) map movement as seen at 1:34:57 and 1:37:25, respectively. It looks easy but I am not a Keynote user to evaluate this. Does someone have a clue how to make these transitions/effects ?

Thanks a bunch,

J.

2. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anybody know what theme he uses in his presentations? Keynote themes seem to be extremely lacking in quality, as far as I'm concerned.

I think the closest one might be Gradient?

3. Jenheta thread starter macrumors regular

pyr0sphere : I was tempted to believe that these presentations are a mix of Keynote with slides/themes created with Final Cut Studio but it would be too sophisticated to be true.

4. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I was interested in that too. I don't think you can do that in the current Keynote. I think this will be a new version of Keynote?
    And he always uses Gradient as his theme.

5. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

If you're talking about the scaling countries...Of course it's possible :)
    You need to go to the actions pane in the inspector and add the scale and move actions and make them both happen at the same time.

I just made a quick test keynote - see it here
    The images were taken from Graffletopia (omnigraffle)

6. Jenheta thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, pjrobertson. I could not play your file because Keynote is crashing my macbook (this is another issue still to be solved by Apple). Anyway, I saw the initial image and it seems that you did the trick. How about the map movement from one continent to another ? It does not seem to be a transition...could it be a special zoom effect ?

J.

7. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

I'd have a look. But the video won't play for me in QT. Don't have a clue why.
    AARGH!

8. Jenheta thread starter macrumors regular

You should get the podcast using iTunes (it is much more reliable than trying to play off the web).

I figured it out how to play you keynote file (it is still a nasty bug yet to be solved by Apple). Nice effect, indeed.

The map movement reminds me the classic scene of all Indiana Jones' movies when he is traveling all around the world by plane. It is not a single Ken Burns effect, as a friend of mine suggested.

9. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Well the could have a large image of that map and just move it using the tools on that action tab.

10. Jenheta thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, this works.

Thanks all for helping !