Wyoming feels the Bern

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Apr 9, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Another crushing defeat for the Lying One.

Meet me in New York!

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the lying one? what one is not?

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Crushing? They are splitting the delegates. He might net one or two. Wow.....crushing.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary needs to lie like the rest of us need to breath, but yea I get your point.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I'll laugh my butt off if she drops New York.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

ya but compared to the Donald she is a nun. but I think it is a requirement to lie so you can make people believe you. would not get far if they said will I will try but I doubt it will accomplish anything.

7. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

8. Robisan macrumors 6502

LANDSLIDE!!!!

Bernie stomped her 7 to 7 ... among a whopping 280 total voters. Epic!

...adding, caucuses blow. Every state should have a full primary vote.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Tying in delegates is not a crushing defeat. fortunately for Sanders Wyoming is small and it won't hurt him too much to not win by the margins he needs to there, but if he can't be pulling off 60-70% of the delegates in friendly states he isn't going to get the margins he needs to catch up to Clinton in pledged delegates in less friendly states.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

At least Trump doesn't have to lie to himself to get out of bed, "I'm not worried about any FBI investigations"

With the full force of the DNC behind her a tie in any state is a loss, the fact that she hasn't put this away yet after being ordained shows how weak she is.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

his whole race is a lie to everyone and himself. I am sure there will be plenty of nasty coming out about him soon enough.

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

It is if you expected to have the nomination wrapped up by early March.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So....one could say Bernie is weak because he isn't winning and most of the state's left don't look too friendly. One could say Trump is weak because he can't seal the deal. One could say Cruz is weak because he hasn't won as many states. One could say Kasich is weak because he has won only one state. One could say everyone is weak based on your measurement.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 10, 2016 ---
    So, to my point above, I guess everyone is having a "crushing defeat" then since none of them expected to be battling all the way to June.

14. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Every morning when he gets up from bed and puts that thing on his head he is lying to himself.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump fended off a swath of 16 people under an organization that doesn't particularly like him.

Bernie fended off the DNC who decided it was Hillary's turn before the people got a say in the matter.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I am sure it impresses the paid help too. A oompaloompa with bad hair.

17. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Split? Ha! Hillary received 11 delegates to Bernie's 7 delegates despite her getting 12% fewer votes. Talk about imaginary numbers: the square root of -1 is 10 delegates for Hillary, 2 + 2 = 19 Hillary delegates, the sin of Pi is 7 Hillary delegates. Even North Korea is embarrassed by the DNC's delegate math.

**** the voters; the Democrats will nominate Hillary by any means necessary. Goldman-Sachs demands it.

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And neither one have sealed the deal. In fact, Bernie won't be because the streak of caucus states that he has had, will run out. His campaign will be over. Trump hasn't had 16 people running against him in months. Yet he still struggles in some states with only three in the race. Others he does well in. Well enough to get across the line without a contested convention? Doubtful. He hasn't won 66% in any state yet. Maybe he'll do that in NY finally. We shall see.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 10, 2016 ---
    I was going by what Google and the AP result data says, which as of right this very moment still says 7-7. Either way though, still not the "crushing" defeat for Hillary that you attempted to portray it as.

image.jpeg

20. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

21. chown33 macrumors 604

Pledged vs. Unpledged delegates:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyomi...#State_convention_pledging_national_delegates
    While Wyoming's Democrats will send 18 delegates to the 2016 Democratic National Convention, only 14 out of these will be pledged to the candidates in proportion to the electorate's preferences. The remaining four Wyoming delegates are unpledged "Party Leaders and Elected Officials" (PLEOs), or "Superdelegates", who may vote for whomever they wish at the party's upcoming National Convention.[3]
    ...​

Republican research!

22. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

"Clinton currently has the support of 4 super delegates from Wyoming. That gives her a total of 11 delegates from Wyoming to 7 for Sanders."

The fix is in! Nothing democratic about the Democratic Party. Even Pol Pot would blush at Debbie Washerwoman-Schlitz's Machiavellian machinations.

23. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The SuperDelegate system on the Democrat side is specifically designed to make sure the party elite control who gets the nomination. The bribes were paid and promises made long before the first vote was cast.

There is nothing democratic about it.

24. Robisan macrumors 6502

The superdelegates haven't voted on anything and won't vote until the convention. All they have done is express a preference. The last I checked, the 1st Amendment applies to superdelegates too - they're allow to say who they prefer for president. This is as of last Wednesday:

Those (SD statements) aren't votes, they're endorsements.

Look, here's the tally so far:

Pledged (Earned) Delegate Count:
    Hillary: 1279
    Bernie: 1027

Total Primary Votes:

Hillary: 9,350,448
    Bernie: 6,946,757

Why does anyone think the super delegates should overturn the will of the voters?

...adding, every single person in this thread would go ape**** if Bernie lead Hillary by those numbers and the SDs overturned Bernie's lead.​

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Can you list all the elections where Super Delegates have played a role in deciding who the nominee is?