iPhone X X says 31Gb free via iTunes, 13Gb on device..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Apr 22, 2018.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

I have an iPhone X 64Gb on iOS 11.3. if I connect to iTunes and sync it says I have 31.56Gb free, on the iPhone states in about 13.54Gb free, on coconut battery says I have 1.4Gb free, Netflix app says I have about 1.4Gb free

I do have iCloud photo library enabled, is it this thats getting "confused" somehow? In iPhone storage it says Photos is using 9.88Gb.

Its just I have some apps an they say I dont have enough storage. So who is telling the truth! how much space do I really have?

Is it safe to do an iCloud backup and iTunes backup, then after completed, reset iPhone and restore from the iTunes backup and this way it gets rid of some rubbish/cache/diag files etc, and may free up some space for me?

thanks

2. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

No one? is it just me? is it worth doing a backup to iTunes and then a restore and recovery fro iTunes to see if flushes/cleans out some rubbish and get some space back?

thanks

3. Ladybug macrumors 68000

Ladybug

Have you tried rebooting to see if it is still confused? Barring that I would backup to iCloud and iTunes then do a restore. That's a huge difference in the amount of space being reported.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

It is indeed it's a little weird. I have tried rebooting, I do at least once a week, think it's necessary for any device in my opinion.

Think I will then should be safe shouldn't it? I'll backup to both iCloud and iTunes as you say, and recover from iTunes as quicker.

I'll take a screenshot of iPhone storage to see if any difference.

Thanks

5. Ladybug macrumors 68000

Ladybug

It should be safe but either way you will have two backups just in case. I wouldn't hesitate to pay Apple a visit if it persist beyond a restore.

6. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

7. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeh all latest updates

8. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

You gone into the iphone storage and is there anything there thats recommended for you to delete at all?