Xbox 360 Mods

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Oh, dear:

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/

Isn't doing this to your Xbox the equivalent of installing neon strips on the bottom of your Ford Focus? ;)

Fair disclosure: I am getting my 360's original white faceplate turned into a Bob Rankin painting, just as he did to one of my laptops... should have it back from him by Christmas, so my 360 will become an abstract work of art. But this is still just a temporary change, as the faceplates are exchangeable.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
GOOD GOLLY what have they done!!!

that looks a right mess! if they come within 3 miles of my Mac i will shoot them

saying that wonder how long it will be before one of these moded 360's make it on ebay :D

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
clayj said:
Um, about 2.5 hours from now... 7 PM CST tonight. :p
i've never seen why they put them neons on these things ???

i bet when them modders die they will have had to put some neon strips on there coffins and a glass windows on the side - ie SICK

satans_banjo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
SE London
liketom said:
i've never seen why they put them neons on these things ???

i bet when them modders die they will have had to put some neon strips on there coffins and a glass windows on the side - ie SICK
it would be a cool effect - like they've been cryogenically frozen

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh dear thats foul. how can people find that sort of thing attractive for a machines? Its like those people who mod PC's. I just don't see any point. you cant do it to be 'different' anymore as just about everyone these days has a modded PC!

as for the abstract art Xbox360... I could get my little sister to do an abstract Mod for any of my systems and not have to send it away! :)

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
raggedjimmi said:
Oh dear thats foul. how can people find that sort of thing attractive for a machines? Its like those people who mod PC's. I just don't see any point. you cant do it to be 'different' anymore as just about everyone these days has a modded PC!

as for the abstract art Xbox360... I could get my little sister to do an abstract Mod for any of my systems and not have to send it away! :)
I don't have to send the 360 away... just the extra white faceplate. That's the beauty of removeable parts. :)

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
Yuck! Something about cold cathodes, LEDs, a can of spray paint, and a window doesn't sound too cool to me.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
clayj said:
Isn't doing this to your Xbox the equivalent of installing neon strips on the bottom of your Ford Focus? ;)
Then, I added some fins to lower wind resistance. And this racing stripe here I feel is pretty sharp.

Too obscure? ;)

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
treblah said:
Then, I added some fins to lower wind resistance. And this racing stripe here I feel is pretty sharp.

Too obscure? ;)
don't forget the neon splat graphics, and fake bullet holes to look really tough...

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Looks really cool, i didnt know someone had hacked the hard drive so quickly....

I can't find it on eBay can smeone please post the link to the auction if its up yet...

Shadow

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
SWEET.... I didn't expect to see it selling for that much, but i agree with clay J should go for around 2k,

SHadow