XBox 360 on the german MTV!

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
Guys,

why nobody is reporting about the new Xbox? I saw the new Xbox on the german MTV tonight and it is like the rumoured photos on this board!!!
Very stylish.........

Kucchi

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
no spec, it was a short film! A very slim box.......like the photos suggested on this other thread!

Kucchi

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
BTW, the new Xbox will be released in november! In addition, white wiredless gamepads.

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
in action, as they showed the MTV/Xbox 360-introduction party in advance. Big screens and the white/green new Xbox presented like an art object with an interview of the main actor/hobbit of the film "lord of the rings".

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
let me tell you once again, the leaked photos which were presented on this board are true! A very stylish white/green slim box and white wiredless game pads!

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
he is a gamer, but worried what his girlfriend things about it! As you know, this means less time for her.......... :D

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
specs:

3x IBM Power PC with 3,2 GHz
* 512 MB GDDR3 RAM
* ATI-Grafikchip with 500 MHz
* 20 GB-harddrive
* 12x-DVD-Laufwerk
* Memory Cards with 64 MB
* wiredless Gamepads: 3 USB-Ports or battery
* Ethernet-Port, WLAN integrated, camera usable
* support16:9, 720p, 1080i, Dolby Digital 5.1

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
I really want to know if this means XP/Hybrid now runs on the G5...or if you can install Tiger on the new xbox...anyone know stuff about chips etc and can answer this?

kucchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
games:

launch titel: Kameo, Project Gotham Racing 3, Perfect Dark Zero
* 10 bis 16 games to the Launch
* 40 games in the first 5 months
* in development: Rallisport Challenge 3, Halo 3, The Darkness, Ghost Recon 3, Test Drive: Unlimited, The Elder Scrolls

Tech^salvager

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2005
Portland, TX
aswitcher said:
I really want to know if this means XP/Hybrid now runs on the G5...or if you can install Tiger on the new xbox...anyone know stuff about chips etc and can answer this?
dunno what the actual powerpc chip is desgined after in the xbox but I doubt its the same as the G5 line of chips.
Also I doubt MS gonna let you install OSX onto the xbox 360.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
kucchi said:
specs:

* 512 MB GDDR3 RAM
* 20 GB-harddrive
* 12x-DVD-Laufwerk
Was this listed in the video or are you quoting a web site?
The hard drive is not included, is it?

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Tech^salvager said:
Originally Posted by aswitcher
dunno what the actual powerpc chip is desgined after in the xbox but I doubt its the same as the G5 line of chips.
Also I doubt MS gonna let you install OSX onto the xbox 360.
We do know what it is, and it is very different from the G5 line of chips. It's the same as the PowerPC core in the PS3 only there are three of them (it must be- thats the ONLY IBM chip that runs at 3 GHz and up).

MS might not let you install OS X, but hey, they didn't let you install Linux either.

I'd bet the XBox can be hacked to run OS X, *HOWEVER*, if you read your user agreement for OS X when you install, you'd realize that you are breaking the agreement by installing it on a non-Apple computer.

Tech^salvager

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2005
Portland, TX
kucchi said:
specs:

* 512 MB GDDR3 RAM
* 20 GB-harddrive
* 12x-DVD-Laufwerk
hmm if this is from teh video then is looks like the leak specs were true.

Tech^salvager

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2005
Portland, TX
GFLPraxis said:
We do know what it is, and it is very different from the G5 line of chips. It's the same as the PowerPC core in the PS3 only there are three of them (it must be- thats the ONLY IBM chip that runs at 3 GHz and up).

MS might not let you install OS X, but hey, they didn't let you install Linux either.

I'd bet the XBox can be hacked to run OS X, *HOWEVER*, if you read your user agreement for OS X when you install, you'd realize that you are breaking the agreement by installing it on a non-Apple computer.
yeah I don't mind eithe rif it gets hacked to run OSX or linux. But I would like to see a powerpc version of windows xp or 2k3 instead.