Xbox 360 to LCD Monitor (DVI)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by RichL, Feb 27, 2008.

1. RichL macrumors 6502

I have a nice ol' Samsung Syncmaster 204B. It's not HD or anything but I have a question for the more audio video savvy people around here.

My television is a piece of crap. I was wondering if I could get an adapter for my xbox 360 to use my monitor instead of my TV. It has a DVI cable coming out of it which I think can be taken off revealing I suppose a female DVI port? They sell Component to DVI adapters but they are expensive as hell. They also sell Component to VGA adapters which are cheaper and more abundant. Plus, I could just attach a VGA to DVI on that and call it a day.

Audio is another issue. My monitor has no speakers so I'd have to use another device. I do have Bose Companion 2.1 PC speakers but don't know if they would work.

Forgot to add...the monitor is 20.1 inch...

Is this worth it for the quality? Is it even possible? Inform me please! ^_^

Thanks,
    -Rich L.

2. jer2eydevil88 macrumors 6502

jer2eydevil88

3. RichL thread starter macrumors 6502

The speakers are basically these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion-II-multimedia-Graphite/dp/B000HZBR64

The input is a regular headphone plug so i'm not sure how the audio would work. The speakers themselves use the regular stereo type plug (whatever thats called) to plug into the sub-woofer. Could I use them stand-alone? I'd have no bass though lol. Argh.

Guess I need to know if there's a way to plug the R and L from the xbox into a headphone jack. @_@

-Rich L.

4. Freyqq macrumors 68040

5. minicoop503 macrumors regular

6. RichL thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah thanks buddy. I just ordered the 2 adapters a couple days ago. Can't wait to play on my monitor :p

-Rich L.