XS battery case %

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
I got the battery case yesterday and charged it overnight. Started with 100% on both the case and phone this morning. It’s been providing charge fine all day but the % keeps jumping around. It’ll go down then up a little then down. Put it on the charger for a minute today and checked the %. Went from 39%-44% in legit a minute. Then after my shower was up at 51%. Used it a bit and it went down to 44%. Wondering if it just has to take a few charges and settle in or if it’s defective

m63mia

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
I'd say give it a couple of few charges to settle it. I believe most have reported that issue and after few times using it, it's back to normal.
I had that issue so I returned the case. I charged the full case off of the phone and had no issues after that. I love this case.
I have the battery case in white xs max and like my other white silicone cases have managed to keep them looking brand new by wiping it off daily (paper towel wet with dish soap) If it starts to discolor I just scrub it with a magic eraser and voila! like new again!

Caesars

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2013
Give it a week or so, both our smart battery cases did the same thing and stopped after a good amount of charges.