Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upgrade confusion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2018
Hi all, I have the apple upgrade program and I upgraded to the XS Max from the X. I am set to receive my returning shipping information for the X next week. Can I still decide to keep it? If I call citizens and pay it off? or will that mess up my new XS Max since I "upgraded" my current X?

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
You will be fine if you don’t return the X. The loan on that won’t be closed out and you will keep paying your monthly payment. I did this last year when I upgraded to the X from the 7.

upgrade confusion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2018
You will be fine if you don’t return the X. The loan on that won’t be closed out and you will keep paying your monthly payment. I did this last year when I upgraded to the X from the 7.

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure I could just pay it off and be done with the payments. That doesn't cancel out my apple care right?

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Yup I did the same thing last year. Kept the 7 and sold it on swappa for a nice profit. Part of my decision was the late delivery of the X and that I was more than 12 payments into it. It was worth more to sell than to trade/payoff.

Tomorrow though I’m going to give back my X.

razmonster

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2017
11372↔️90254
oh if you use IUP you're allowed to keep the old one and continue to pay? so you don't actually have to upgrade? you're just financing a second device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.