XServe garnering new respect!

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
yeah apple have stepped up in every market, and I love it, they have so many products to choose from and to suit everyone

I can't wait to see whats next

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
as great as we can say that it is.. the real problem is that it is kinda like politics when admins buy servers and stuff...

admins talk about their experiences with servers and stuff -- and are taught about the the best ones when theyre in school.. and i think itll be a while till mac servers catch on since they would a viable option till recently when the os has become so much more compatible... anyways, i think itll be a while till the xserves really become totally popular..

JABevan

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2002
Xserve

There is a very high possibility we'll be picking one up in the next few weeks. We did a pretty intensive study of available servers and the Xserve stacked up VERY nicely in price comparison (not to mention maintenance, support... i.e. one source, and ease of use).

Looking for the Xraid...

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
Originally posted by mac15
yeah apple have stepped up in every market, and I love it, they have so many products to choose from and to suit everyone

I can't wait to see whats next
Does that include slow ass Powermacs? :)

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Say what, iwantanewmac?

You know what? Way to go for the Xserve. Now, the question becomes: What happens to the Xserve once Apple has introduced faster PowerMacs? The Xserve is only a few months old, and usually updates are done every year/2.

Liamcow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
i saw this dell ad for rackable servers, they look almost exactly like the Xserve, only they have a huge round "dell" logo in the middle...typical:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.