Yahoo mail not pushed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thinkadam, Jan 13, 2012.

1. thinkadam macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The yahoo mail bug from a few months ago seems to be back.
    Not getting pushed at all now for a few days.
    Anyone have any tricks or tips to get it working?
    Thanks

2. LyndaP macrumors member

Same thing here. I did a Google search and it seems to be a widespread problem. It isn't universal, as my husband isn't having any trouble with his iPhone and Yahoo account. After trying deleting my Yahoo account in Settings and reloading it several times, I finally just gave up and forwarded my Yahoo email to my .me account. That works, but now I'm getting two of every email.

Yesterday someone reported on the Apple forums that Yahoo is now saying it is a problem on their end that they are aware of and they have engineers working on it. It's still not fixed, so I wonder how hard they're working...

3. bg.nashville macrumors newbie

The problem isn't limited to Yahoo. I am having the same problem on my Yahoo/ATT account and my Comcast accounts. My iCloud emails are still being pushed through with notifications.

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing solves the problem.

4. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

None of my email accounts are pushing. It's very annoying! This needs resolved.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

6. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Apple or these mail hosts needs to issue a statement!!!

7. thinkadam thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone updates on this?
    Seems to be a big issue

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Still not being pushed as of this AM

9. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

My Me account emails are fine, but my sister informed me that as of yesterday that her emails were definitely not pushing.

11. punchdrunk55 macrumors member

Funny, mine started doing it Saturday after I did a restore on my phone at the Apple store trying to get a battery issue sorted out. I thought it had something to do with that but I guess not. Oh yeah and just to confirm my yahoo account is definitely not pushing.

12. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

yahoo hasn't pushed on mine or my gf's phone in about 5 days now

13. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

This is getting old with Yahoo. It may be more widespread this time but this seems to happen quite often.

14. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

15. LyndaP macrumors member

My .me account is pushing almost immediately; I hear the tone on my Mac, followed within seconds with the tone on my iPhone. Yahoo is STILL not working. Because I forwarded my Yahoo to my .me account I am getting my emails pushed. I am also getting TWO of everything, which is annoying.

What I find particularly odd is that my husband's Yahoo email is still pushing to his iPhone without delay or problems. WTF?

16. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

same thing happen to me too. i was wondering why hasn't anyone emailed me at all for all the stuff i'm selling on craigslist:D so i signed in to check and indeed i do get emails and turns out yahoo hasn't been pushing emails to me.
    i tried to do all the configurations and trouble shooting then i just gave up and set it to fetch every hour to get by for now.;)

in the meantime while i was trying to fix my yahoo, i also test my hotmail account and that push really fast, just as fast as an instant messaging. but then right the next day when i tested it again just for giggles it stop pushing too. then i also set my hotmail to push as well.:D oh well fetching will have to work for now.

17. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

The only way I get my Yahoo email is to open the Mail app. Still not pushing.

18. Thirdgirl macrumors newbie

Pushed Once in 4 days!

I've had it with Yahoo, Apple, Verizon...the whole bunch! Everyone blames the other guy. We paid for the phone, we continue to pay for the "service", and are ignored. I've deleted and added yahoo mail at least 20 times in the last 2 days. Anyone know Who can be contacted and how??