Yahoo Mail not pushing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clarkgriswold, Nov 2, 2011.

1. clarkgriswold macrumors member

I have my Yahoo email on my phone set to push, and it seemed to be working that way for the first few days/first week that I had the phone. I noticed that the last few days though that mail only comes through when I go in and manually fetch it. I checked my settings, and everything seems ok. For the time being I have set fetch to every hour now (but it also says that push is still on). Is there something else I should be doing?

2. chrisu91 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue as you. My internet service provider partners with Yahoo and those emails haven't been pushing to me lately.

3. clarkgriswold thread starter macrumors member

Anyone know how I can fix this? Just noticed that Facebook notices aren't being pushed either. Should I do a restore?

4. KPOM macrumors G5

I was having massive issues with my AT&T email (which is linked to Yahoo) the other day. My solution was to delete the account and set it up again, which caused some other issues. It had previously automatically set up as a POP3 account (fetch), but when I deleted the account and set it up again, it set up as IMAP (push). It took a few tries, but eventually I got it set up as IMAP and it has been fine since.

5. thinkadam macrumors regular

I had the same problem (Posted about it about 10 days ago) I heard its an iOS 5 issue with Yahoo mail.
    seems to be better since, but not always perfect.
    Sometimes I got into mail and have 4 hours worth of email that wasn't pushed.

6. film major macrumors member

My yahoo mail has been spotty at best with being pushed to my 4S. I notice that if I switch from 3G to wifi it sometimes trips it up and stops pushing.

But, deleting your account and setting it up again has worked for me in the past. I would suggest trying that.

7. koban4max macrumors 68000

here's a solution. i have att 32g black iphone4s with yahoo mail.
    delete the account and redo. it will work. I redid once and it's been good so far.

update..i guess someone beat me to it.