Yahoo Mail not pushing

Gix1k

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Some odd reason my yahoo mail is not pushing. I have to open mail and then it downloads however many. This was never a problem. I have hard rebooted the phone several times. Anyone else seeing this? Verizon.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
"Push" on iOS has never been immediate in my experience...no matter the context.

As for Yahoo Mail specifically, I will say that it takes ages for my mail app in iOS to fetch new mail when I press the icon for it to do so. It' says "Checking Mail" for forever...even over WiFi.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
Same here

- Deleted it from the Switch Bar
- Turned off my iPhone
- Deleted Yahoo Mail from iPhone and re-added it

Still does not push, I had the same issue with the iPhone 4 way back

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Lately Yahoo Mail push has been intermittent, had problems with it last night too.

Gix1k

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Hmmm, I wonder what's going on. It's still not working. Very annoying!

Munchkinsdad

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2011
Mine quit working also. It was intermittent yesterday. I haven't changed a thing on my devices.

bg.nashville

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
It's not just a problem with Yahoo. My iPhone doesn't fetch my comcast e-mails either. I also have an AT&T account via Yahoo that is Pushed and a regular Yahoo account that is fetched and neither of them are working. It has to be a problem on Apple's end since both Yahoo and Comcast are affected.

My iCloud account has not been affected.

LyndaP

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2010
There are threads like this all over the internet - this is a Yahoo problem, and it's widespread. I ended up forwarding my Yahoo mail to my .me account; now I get two of every email, but at least it's pushing. One member over at the Apple board says that Yahoo told her/him that they have engineers working on it. That was two days ago, so it doesn't seem like they're working real hard.... :mad:

bg.nashville

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
There are threads like this all over the internet - this is a Yahoo problem, and it's widespread. I ended up forwarding my Yahoo mail to my .me account; now I get two of every email, but at least it's pushing. One member over at the Apple board says that Yahoo told her/him that they have engineers working on it. That was two days ago, so it doesn't seem like they're working real hard.... :mad:
If it is a Yahoo problem, then why did my comcast mail stop fetching at exactly the same time?

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
Also noticed that when i read my emails on my iPhone, it will still be "unread" when i go check yahoo mail on my computer

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My gf's droid was doing this crap with yahoo mail. She just downloaded a yahoo mail app and she says it notifies instantly. Been working for her since thanksgiving.

I don't have a yahoo account so I haven't looked but the app store may have something.

LyndaP

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2010
after not working for over a week , the yahoo mail is now pushing again on my phone today.
Same here - and a number of posts on the Apple boards are reporting this, as well. I still don't understand why my husband never had this problem with his iPhone and yahoo mail, but I'm just pleased that it's working again and I could remove the forward to my .me account. Getting two of every email was getting old...

rbgatti

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
USA
OMG, I have never been so happy...my ATT Yahoo mail just started pushing again. Hasn't worked in almost 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.