Yahoo Mail not pushing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Some odd reason my yahoo mail is not pushing. I have to open mail and then it downloads however many. This was never a problem. I have hard rebooted the phone several times. Anyone else seeing this? Verizon.

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Try deleting the account and then readding it.

3. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

"Push" on iOS has never been immediate in my experience...no matter the context.

As for Yahoo Mail specifically, I will say that it takes ages for my mail app in iOS to fetch new mail when I press the icon for it to do so. It' says "Checking Mail" for forever...even over WiFi.

4. chrisu91 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue. My iCloud address has always pushed without issue.

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Same here

- Deleted it from the Switch Bar
    - Turned off my iPhone
    - Deleted Yahoo Mail from iPhone and re-added it

Still does not push, I had the same issue with the iPhone 4 way back

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Lately Yahoo Mail push has been intermittent, had problems with it last night too.

7. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Hmmm, I wonder what's going on. It's still not working. Very annoying!

8. Munchkinsdad macrumors regular

Munchkinsdad

Mine quit working also. It was intermittent yesterday. I haven't changed a thing on my devices.

9. bg.nashville macrumors newbie

It's not just a problem with Yahoo. My iPhone doesn't fetch my comcast e-mails either. I also have an AT&T account via Yahoo that is Pushed and a regular Yahoo account that is fetched and neither of them are working. It has to be a problem on Apple's end since both Yahoo and Comcast are affected.

My iCloud account has not been affected.

10. TRazzy66 macrumors newbie

TRazzy66

Same here, not pushing for weeks. Tried deleting, rebooting, and it still gives me the same results. Wonder whats up?

11. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Mine quit pushing around Christmas, then came back the week after. Now it has ceased working again. It is quite aggravating.

12. LyndaP macrumors member

There are threads like this all over the internet - this is a Yahoo problem, and it's widespread. I ended up forwarding my Yahoo mail to my .me account; now I get two of every email, but at least it's pushing. One member over at the Apple board says that Yahoo told her/him that they have engineers working on it. That was two days ago, so it doesn't seem like they're working real hard.... :mad:

13. bg.nashville macrumors newbie

If it is a Yahoo problem, then why did my comcast mail stop fetching at exactly the same time?

14. philip in al macrumors regular

Seeing the same. No push email from yahoo (AT&T) or mobile me.

15. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Also noticed that when i read my emails on my iPhone, it will still be "unread" when i go check yahoo mail on my computer

16. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Done those tips before and it still does not push..... ARE YOU LISTENING YAHOO???? Fix It!!

17. cynics macrumors G4

My gf's droid was doing this crap with yahoo mail. She just downloaded a yahoo mail app and she says it notifies instantly. Been working for her since thanksgiving.

I don't have a yahoo account so I haven't looked but the app store may have something.

18. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

after not working for over a week , the yahoo mail is now pushing again on my phone today.

19. LyndaP macrumors member

Same here - and a number of posts on the Apple boards are reporting this, as well. I still don't understand why my husband never had this problem with his iPhone and yahoo mail, but I'm just pleased that it's working again and I could remove the forward to my .me account. Getting two of every email was getting old...

20. rbgatti, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

rbgatti macrumors member

rbgatti

OMG, I have never been so happy...my ATT Yahoo mail just started pushing again. Hasn't worked in almost 2 weeks.