Yahoo: Reuters/Ipsos: Race tightens in projected U.S. Electoral College vote

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hillary’s campaign collapsing, shortly after Hillary herself collapsed.

Race tightens in projected U.S. Electoral College vote: Reuters/Ipsos

https://www.yahoo.com/news/race-tightens-projected-u-electoral-college-vote-reuters-114535676.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - An election analysis conducted in the Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project shows that the race has tightened considerably over the past few weeks, with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump projected to win Florida, an essential battleground state, if the election were held today.

The project, which is based on a weekly tracking poll of more than 15,000 Americans, shows that the 2016 presidential race could end in a photo finish on Nov. 8, with the major-party candidates running nearly even in the Electoral College, the body that ultimately selects the president.​

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I predict a great boost in psychiatric treatment stocks in the near future.

[​IMG]

3. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Fake liberal meltdowns, in 3, 2, 1.

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

We'll see on election day. The Guardian had an interesting piece about the American dream. I know people consider it biased, but it is worth a read, for it does cite a lot of interesting statistics about the good old days when the American dream seemed to be becoming a reality. It seems to me that everybody wants the dream back, and hence the heated debates about the election, but if we are going to do that, we'll need to look at American history a little more carefully than many are now.

5. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Barring a miracle, Hillary will be POTUS. And the blood of millions killed as a result, will be stained on the hands of every fake liberal who helped to elect her.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

They don't care.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I believe the point being made is that liberals are getting hysterical today. Election day--with Hillary's likely victory--will see this existential angst evaporate into a cloud of insufferable gloating.

With regard to the American Dream, that is lost until we regain our industrial might. Our traitorous politicians export good jobs and import cheap labor. Only when Americans build things in America is the Dream achievable.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sure :rolleyes:.

Hilary is the new Mao after all.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    How exactly do you plan to compete with the Chinese on that? When they have better infrastructure, work harder and have lower salaries?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Yes she is

10. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

w6ikooanlacx.png

How do you like my Mao-tfit?”

5b7d8767930a00d628ba8459e1eee3d1.jpg

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i haven't seen an indication that you guys care enough either.

12. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Everyday I’m supporting good men and women, and everyday I’m smashing evil bastards and bitches. Yes, I care. I’m real enough to say that Trump vs. Hillary is a lesser of two evils contest: Hillary is the most evil, she’s far, far more evil than Trump. Rand Paul and Tulsi Gabbard, please.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

ok yeah thats true, my bad. you're one of the few people i respect on this board

i really meant JK and aaronvan and some other people. they just complain complain complain. say trump is bad as a defense mechanism to repeatedly say the same stuff about hillary but then don't offer really any solutions. and then just complain more. in my experience of course, idk what they do irl.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You guys don't listen to any solutions .
    Said it a few times, put most of congress in jail for their misdeeds. No more war or "liberation " of countries w/o a declaration of war from Congress.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    Ben against wars. The patriot act and NSA spying since bush was in charge , I'm one the few supporters of the second who has no problem putting republicans in jail for their stupidity

15. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Thank you. I like jk and aaron, though.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You can like me even more for $3.99 a minute :D

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Interesting considering your first post which talks about her campaign "collapsing". You make it sound like she has lost the race, then you turn it around to say she's going to win barring a miracle. That's one large case of whiplash.

Yeah yeah...because no one would be killed under a President Trump. Please. :rolleyes:

I care. Just not about the same things you do. My criteria is keeping both the economy and our own necks safe. I do not think a President Trump achieves that.

18. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

*searching your MacRumors profile for where I enter my credit card*

Her campaign’s collapsing, I didn’t say her campaign’s completely collapsed as of yet.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah but your initial post sure made it seem that way.

20. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

the problem is you (and a lot of other people) act as if obama is some sort of king and that he can unilaterally do what he wants to. after his first 2 years, republican-controlled congress didn't have any goals other than the shut obama down at every turn. you can say all you want "obama is ultimately at fault because he's the head hancho" but w/o context that means nothing.

patriot act and NSA spying passed because congress took advantage of the fragile state of the nation after 9/11. i agree obama SHOULD have done more to reign in those powers. however you act as if he's personally responsible for all of it. he didn't even propose it. it's probably much harder to repeal something that has already been signed into law. you're too singular about it.

obama has done a lot in other areas such as spurring scientific growth/research, helped with combating global climate change, and done a lot of preservation of natural landmarks. while i don't totally agree with the mechanisms of obamacare, having everyone in the US get access to healthcare is pretty admirable imo. i'm not saying you have to like him. but you should take his whole thing in context.

i do that with george w bush, and mitt romney. i'd do that with any other republican politician, the only exception being trump because everything he stands for is against the core tenets of my existence as a non-white minority natural born US citizen and a child of immigrants who achieved everything they got through merit only. this is coming from someone who actually kinda sorta thought trump was cool and edgy as a teenager before the whole birtherism **** and definitely his presidential candidacy

jk=chill

21. zin macrumors 6502

You've already made that abundantly clear. You don't care about massacring people, arming terrorists, and toppling governments in the Middle East by American leadership. Your mind is far more focused on Agent Orange saying mean things.

22. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Depending how you read it, sure. But I wasn’t implying such.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Come on peaches. When bush was in power every lib acted as if bush was a dictator doing things on his own. We all hit the clown at the top because the buck stops there. He/she is the ultimate say so

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No. My mind is focused more on domestic matters. Just as most Americans. If yours were too, your thoughts wouldn't be across an ocean obsessing over American politics. You'd be obsessing over U.K politics instead.

Which is interesting when you think about it considering how many of those same middle eastern adventures have had your country along for the ride. And if you want to dive into the past, we can talk about imperial colonization by Europe and especially the U.K. if you'd like.

In other words....people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

25. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

First, stop granting them even more advantages by signing these corrupt (and secret; c'mon, WikiLeaks!) trade deals that send American jobs overseas. Second, stop importing foreigners to steal American jobs in America. Third, tax the living **** out of any American corporation that offshore their operations. That would be a pretty good start.