Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I have noticed a small bug or error after updating to IOS10. If one uses a computer to log on to Yahoo mail to delete their Mail in Trash where one empties their trash folder the trash seems to remain on the iPhone Mail. Why is the trash mail on the iPhone along with the Junk Mail not vanishing after being deleted on the main server via computer??

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I have noticed a small bug or error after updating to IOS10. If one uses a computer to log on to Yahoo mail to delete their Mail in Trash where one empties their trash folder the trash seems to remain on the iPhone Mail. Why is the trash mail on the iPhone along with the Junk Mail not vanishing after being deleted on the main server via computer??

Are they both set up as IMAP rather than POP3? That's all I can think of.

While I've got your attention, I'd also recommend switching from Yahoo due to the wealth of issues that were uncovered.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Are they both set up as IMAP rather than POP3? That's all I can think of.

While I've got your attention, I'd also recommend switching from Yahoo due to the wealth of issues that were uncovered.
I am not sure. When you go to Mail settings on your iPhone and then go to Add Mail you will see Yahoo be 4th on the list. Aside from that nothing important goes to Yahoo mail. Junk mail account

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
You could use Yahoo! Mail iOS app if you want to make it work seamlessly with your computer.

Apple's own Mail app allows you to choose using local folders on your device or the ones on Yahoo! servers (for Sent, Deleted & Junk), hence the occasional hiccups.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
You could use Yahoo! Mail iOS app if you want to make it work seamlessly with your computer.

Apple's own Mail app allows you to choose using local folders on your device or the ones on Yahoo! servers (for Sent, Deleted & Junk), hence the occasional hiccups.
Used to work perfectly fine before. If it was deleted from Yahoo server in the past then it showed as being deleted on iPhone as well but now they do not seem to work together for some reason. Deleted all junk mail on server via computer and emptied out trash but on iPhone under Yahoo Mail it still shows everything in Trash folder as not being emptied out. I could download the app but why download the App when in Apple's Mail setup it already shows you the Yahoo Mail option to be configured in as an option...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.