Yay! Apple Upgraded my Core Duo 2ghz Refurbed Macbook to a Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz Macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RR08EvoX, Feb 4, 2008.

1. RR08EvoX macrumors member

So about a week ago I bought a 2ghz core duo white macbook on apples refurbished site. Got the computer on saturday and the first 2 days the computer randomly restarted or froze up about 10 times.

I called apple this morning and asked if I could exchange the computer because of the problems. They told me no more of the white 2ghz duo models were in stock and they would be happy to upgrade me to the next comparable model. They asked if I would be happy with the 2ghz core 2 duo which goes for $150 more then what I paid. I said I really would like to have the superdrive which was in the original model that I bought, so they offered to upgrade even further and send me a refurbished 2.2ghz (the current top of the line white macbook).

I'm so happy with apples service! This is an awesome upgrade! All I had to do was repackage the defective computer and send it back via pre-paid fedex. My new Macbook should be here by the end of the week!

I already have 2gb of ram and a 7200rpm hard drive on the way. Now that I'm getting the core 2 duo model should I get even more ram since I hear these take up to 4gb!?!

2. canucks-17 macrumors regular

canucks-17

Wow. I have never had Apple do these kinds of things for me :(. Even for a 4-Year old Powerbook. Nice job though.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

congratulations on the upgrade! it's nice that they'd properly address your the situation with a defective laptop.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Hey, that's pretty cool. Enjoy the new computer :^)

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Sweet, man. Wish I were as lucky.

As for the ram, it depends. I've got a September Macbook, and I've never used all 2GB of my ram. But if you're using your computer for more intensive processes, why not? And if you can get 3rd-part 2GB sticks for just a little more than 1GB sticks, go for the full 4GB of ram, why not? But I might suggest that the average Macbook user doesn't need more than 2GB; though feel free to contradict me. But 4GB of ram sounds like something you'd put on a MBP, not a Macbook.

6. RR08EvoX thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys.

yea i think ill stick with the 2 1gb chips I have on the way, that should be more then enough and now that I'll have the faster processor, I'm sure I won't complain about any speed issues

I was really happy apple could help me out like this, I would have hated to take time out of my day to bring it into the store and try and show them the problems. It's great that apple online will take it back and upgrade me since that model wasnt in stock.

never would have got that kind of service with dell, hp, or ibm

7. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

That's awesome! The only better story than that was when after having my iBook G3 700mhz repaired 3 times, they just finally sent me a 1.2ghz G4 BRAND new replacement! My iBook was like 3 years old at the time!

Hey don't laugh! A 1.2ghz G4 was a pretty hot machine back then :)