Yeah, cause pleading the 5th never makes you look guilty Mr. Flynn.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, May 22, 2017.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...a65e4b03b485cb33b4a?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Personal favorite...

Oh, how one's words can sometimes come back to haunt...

"Lock HER HIM UP!!" :p

2. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I bet he wishes he could take this back lol.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/politics/bryan-pagliano-judicial-watch-deposition/

http://thepoliticalinsider.com/plea...fficials-avoided-testifying-during-a-scandal/

4. JayMysterio, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

5. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Certainly makes him a hypocrite. And certainly not the first or last politician to take the fifth.

6. 0007776 Suspended

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

since the title happens to be your doing, do you also feel those listed look guilty?

8. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Irrelevant. The point was/is Flynn intimated others were guilty because of their pleading the fifth.

9. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

There really is a tweet for every occassion with this White House.

Reince Priebus (@Reince)
    5/22/13, 11:42 AM
    Lerner won’t answer questions even though she says she didn’t do anything wrong. I’m not sure that’s the point of taking the 5th?

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

deflection noted......

11. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I guess that means you both have at least one thing in common.

12. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Deflection on your deflection noted lol.
    You can't mix Mexican with continental. You're better than that.

13. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

If you want to believe that, I can't stop you. If you want to make this about me as your deflection, I am flattered. Like I said, was just pointing out my favorite part of all this was Flynn's words coming back to him. After all he did want immunity...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...nton-aides-seeking-immunity/story?id=46479102

But to get back on point...

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/22/f...-innocent-person-would-plead-the-fifth-video/

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

did YOU just like Flynn not say pleading the 5th makes them look guilty?
    it's a simple question, or are you holding yourself to a different standard than the one you want hold Flynn?

15. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I supposed you could just quote the part where I said Flynn was guilty because he took the fifth to make your point.

Or you could just acknowledge the point that it's sort of ironic that Flynn claimed others look guilty when they seek immunity or claim the fifth, only to do both things himself.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

like I said, it's in YOUR title

17. darksithpro macrumors 6502

No one here with a brain that had been summoned by congress, or a court of law would be a witness against himself/herself. There is no benefit to testifying against yourself. That is just stupid. This is why he asked for immunity.

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

It's Flynn's Constitutional right (unless Congress grants him immunity) not to be compelled to incriminate himself. We should treat him as innocent until proven guilty, for exercising one's rights should never be used to infer guilt (they tried that in the UK, but fortunately the EU courts ruled that not commenting on questions could not be used as a basis to infer guilt).

19. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Wow! You really don't want to stay on the point.

So since you decided for this post you don't want to use power of nuance or context.

A visual aid if you will...

[​IMG] "Yeah, cause pleading the 5th never makes you look guilty Mr. Flynn."

"See"? It's... it's... it's... sarcastic!

No one's denying Flynn's right to plead the fifth, the point was that Flynn had issue with OTHERS pleading the fifth. When as you put it "No one here with a brain that had been summoned by congress, or a court of law would be a witness against himself/herself." or "It's Flynn's Constitutional right (unless Congress grants him immunity) not to be compelled to incriminate himself. We should treat him as innocent until proven guilty, for exercising one's rights should never be used to infer guilt", it's hypocritical to not convey the same belief when it was a Clinton associate.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

oh, so YOU did not mean Flyinn looked guilty because your title was just sarcasm? thanks.

21. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Yup, I make no decision leaning either way. I just laugh at the hypocrisy of a man who crowed loudly for Hilary to get locked up, and he's in danger of possibly being locked up himself. On top of that, the very things he railed against her associates doing concerning her emails, he is now doing. Yup, they were supposedly guilty for seeking immunity & declaring the fifth, so I guess from Flynn's own point of view he must be guilty. o_O Isn't he?

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yes he is, I was questioning if others are based on your title, but you said you were being "Sarcastic" there........

23. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I would have mentioned the others in the title if I thought that was relevant. What was relevant to me in my post was Flynn's views on others pleading the fifth during the campaign.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, but by his own definition, he is liking guilty of committing a crime since he said that immunity "means you probably committed a crime". Just going by the man's own words.