Yeah....im kinda tired of people thinking I'm dumb.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GKDAIR, Oct 15, 2011.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

iPhone gets a ton of hate, but I mean what can you do, but what annoys me is that android users for most part think iPhone owners are idiots, and the same goes for pc people, but that would be off topic.

Seriously I'm sick of the whole "iPhones are for people who don't know how to work a smart phone" It gets annoying. Big deal, your android has widgets, does taking 3 seconds to turn off wi-fi from the menu would just ruin your day?

I had an inspire 4g before my iPhone 4s, and before that i owned an iPhone and iPhone 3G. If you have never owned android heads up, the internet highly exaggerates them.

I won't say they have no nice features, I just can never see myself going back. The android market is terrible compared to app store, manually syncing all my stuff up (dragging folders from my computer onto phone, making sure they are in the right place, copying music over) was a pain, android os is clunky as hell and isn't nearly as smooth as iOS

I know this might sound like an android bashing topic, i don't mean it to be, but I'm just sick on android users thinking they are jesus christ and that iPhones are for retarded step children.

2. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

3. thoryamaha919 macrumors member

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Just remember what came first and then the rest followed in an attempt to "beat" "kill" the iPhone.

4. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

Again I'm not saying Ios5 is perfect and that android is terrible.

Personally I feel that if you chose android your picking an inferior os. In my experience the android os was clunkier and just not as smooth and zippy as my iPhone experiences have been.

However, I do wish iOS had a couple of things from android, mostly the blinking light that let me know I had a text.

I believe Android is more for geeks while iPhone is for everyone else, but..not everyone else is a moron, I know that might be hard to believe to some of the geeks out there but trust me, we aren't all morons.

5. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Congratulations, you are the first person to start an 'iOS vs Android' thread on this forum.

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

flashing light:
    Settings>General>Accesability>led flash

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

People think you are dumb because of the phone you use?

Who really effing cares?

8. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

People need to have other recognize there purchases, achievements, looks, and all types of vanity. It's just the society we live in. I could care less what anyone gets, as long as it's the right phone for them. For others everyone HAS to have an iPhone or HAS to have a SGII.

I cringe at the fact my mom has an iPhone 3GS. She fell into the hype of everyone pecking away at doctor appointments, church meetups and etc. She can't operate the damn thing and ends up nearly running over her data cap due to not knowing how to close apps that use data. I will be so glad when that phone breaks and I can grab her a simple slider for calls and text ONLY.

Not only that but google, windows, and apple need each other to keep themselves in check.The reason we are so advanced in a short amount of time today is due to everyone wanting to one up each other. If two of those companies fall off the smartphone wagon and one dominates then all of a sudden innovation crawls to a halt, prices of phones start going up, and eventually everyone leaves the smartphone wagon.

You can't let this endless bickering stop you from being happy with your purchase. People will always have this need to justify they are right and nowadays there are more platform to be anonymous and vocal about it. It'll never stop and goes back to beta max vs VHS and beyond.

9. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

No I am totally happy with my purchase, and I am the same way.

I simply don't give a crap what phone you have. My friend constantly brags about his android being better then my iPhone (maybe not now since I have a 4S) and griped at me for 20 minutes because I prefer mac os to windows os.

People who constantly brag about what they have annoy the crap out of me. I do it jokingly, trust me I have been making friends super jealous with Siri, but they know I'm just giving them a hard time.

I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does, I just hate how ignorant some people are. I mean seriously if you want android get android, but don't put other people down simply for owning something different.

Like I said, personally I believe android is an inferior operating system to ios, but I am also aware not everyone can afford an iPhone. And even my friends who do own androids, I don't gloat about how much better my iPhone 4S is (jokingly I do, but they do the same right back)

I just wish things weren't so one sided.

10. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The fact is, is that those people are insecure about their own intelligence.

11. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

So do you guys compare pen15 sizes before or after you compare your phones? I personally don't think you're dumb for buying an iPhone, but giving a crap about stuff like this does make me question your intelligence.

Also, why would anyone actually sit through a 20 minute rant about Android? Unless he works for the phone company and will be getting a commission at the end, I would have walked away as soon as he said "this phone..."

The fact of the matter is, neither of you guys made the phones you carry - your biggest accomplishment here is you or your parents made a purchase. WHOOP-DEEE-DO!? You guys want a cookie for that?

12. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

Android users seem a bit angry. When I ask them why they don't have an iPhone and why they hate Apple they get upset with me. Nerdy seriousness seems to be the Android demographic.

I'm going to get one, so I can use it as a WiFI hotspot.

13. JohnnyQuest, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Maybe if you used correct punctuation and grammar, people wouldn't think of you as dumb.

14. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Man a Wifi widget on my homepage would be really sweet...

15. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

The blinking light is hardware, not software, android is software

And you can set the flash from the camera to blink :)

16. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

who cares? we're not in school

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It doesn't matter. Using proper grammar and punctuation reinforces your message. Using bad grammar just shows you don't care enough to write a clean sentence, so why should we care to read it?

18. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Fine, meander on through life looking a like a backwoods dumbass.

...but, don't continue to make threads that question why people call you dumb.

19. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Ignore them. I'm more technically savvy than anyone else I personally know -- especially the android users. Some people don't seem to understand that just being technically savvy doesn't require you to use poorly designed products.

+ with a jailbreak, an iPhone is just as customizable (if not moreso) as any android phone. Though I have to admit, with ios5, I'm not missing the jailbreak at all so far.

20. urkel macrumors 68030

The iPhone gets a ton of hate? By whom? It's one of the best selling devices on the planet so why the heck are you victimizing yourself this way? Or more importantly, why the heck do you care so much about other peoples opinions?

21. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

Because there is absolutely no reason for the hate.

If you personally do not like iOS then I'm fine with that, but truth be told 99% of people online only hate something just to hate it. Which annoys the living fire out of me, I hate ignorance.

Like me, I had terrible experiences with Android, so its perfectly understandable for me not to like it, my friend was ranting about tablets the other day for a good 30 minutes on how there is no use for them, and I asked him "well have you ever used a tablet before" and he said "no"

SERIOUSLY? gaw that crap just pisses me off.

22. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Okay. :D

23. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Here we are PC/Mac/iOS/Android neutral as we currently have, or have recently had all of them.

Most iPhone "haters" are those who use other smartphones, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages, and after weighing it up, and playing with a few Android phones for a couple of months, we stuck with Apple for many reasons.

24. TC25 macrumors 68020

Stop obsessing over what other people think of you.

25. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Uh, oh, you made a typo!!

Um, did you reread your post before you sent it? "wouldn't think you of you as dumb."

And you have the nerve to talk about the other guy!