"Yeah, there’s a difference: Wells Fargo scandal is another reminder that we can’t afford Trump and"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 25, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/22/yea...minder-that-we-cant-afford-trump-and-the-gop/

Article has more.

Has anyone read what Trump and Clinton have actually said directly about the Wells Fargo issue?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Which candidate is on their payroll?

Clinton will tow the line for them.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I thought she'd be Obamas third term...

And there have been record fines for banks under the first two...

4. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Personally I'd take a third term of Obama over the choices we have.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

How many Wall Street thieves did Obama prosecute for the corruption that directly caused the 2008 financial meltdown? The answer is zero. Nada. None. You're damn right Hillary will be Obama's third term and Wall Street is very happy about that.

That $260,000 Goldman Sachs paid Hillary for a 20-minutes speech has already paid for itself.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

On the other hand the banks have paid around quarter of a trillion in fines worldwide, so they've hardly got off scot-free.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Puny fines that multinational financial behemoths consider nothing more than a small tax on doing business and the cost of which they simply pass to the customer. Get back to me when some actual criminals go to jail, or are even indicted.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why would Goldman care if a few junior bankers spent six months in a nice cosy white collar jail?

They probably do care about paying 10% of their annual profits in fines however.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Right on her web page.
    https://www.hillaryclinton.com/brie...lintons-open-letter-to-wells-fargo-customers/

I bet you won't find such a statement on Trump's page. In fact, I haven't been able to find anything where he has addressed the issue at all.

Much like the Flint water crisis which he didn't want to talk about while Hillary, Obama and Bernie were going and talking about it, perhaps he is leaving this issue to address six months later instead.