Yellow Screen, Black vs. White

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roanmy, Nov 10, 2011.

1. roanmy macrumors newbie

Are the White iPhones as prone to the yellowish screen as the Black ones?

2. richard371 macrumors 68000

The screen has nothing to do with the color of the phone. I think the yellow will show more on the white.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I guess it depends? My black iPhone 4 has yellow tints.
    My white iphone 4S does not have yellow tints.

I wish I could take a comparison picture, unfortunately the camera I have was given to me, and I lost the charger and the battery is dead.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'd say they are equally prone to having yellow screens.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I was my local AT&T store today and the black 4S on display was much warmer than the white 4S on display.

I preferred the white display.

6. rkeato1 macrumors regular

I don't know about white vs. black, but I'd say that there's more of a variety with the white phones due to the way I perceive the colors. I've noticed a relative shift in cool/warm tones with my white phone.

Under soft indoor bulb light, my phone looks like it's more of an eggshell/off-white and my display appears to be very cool in relation.

However, under sunlight or bright white light, the phone itself looks ultra white and the display appears to be warm.

I dig it! :apple:

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Agreed there

8. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

I got my 4S 1 week after my wife. She got a white one, I got a black one. When I first got mine, side by side, it had a warmer screen than my wife's. 2.5 weeks later, mine has a cooler color screen than hers. This is with auto-brightness off and identical brightness settings.

IMHO, this screen temperature "issue" is getting way overblown. It's only visible when you have another phone to compare it to, and barely different even then.

Just enjoy the phone you get. And no I'm not a fanboy, I'm a newly converted iPhone'er.

9. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

I didn't need to compare to see the problem. I noticed my dirty, yellow screen and washed out colors as soon as I pulled up the settings screen for the first time. Originally I thought it was the cheap screen protector I'd put on and got a new one and then realized it was my screen. That's when I compared to a 4 and fully understood the extent of the dirty, yellow tint.

And I've had mine for four weeks now and nothing has changed. The screen hasn't cooled down unfortunately. I've just been waiting for the battery issue to be resolved before I take it in.

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Thats bc the screen does not "cool down." When people are saying it goes away, it is because their eyes are getting used to the tint.