Yellow tinge on bottom left corner of new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jpiszcz, Oct 20, 2010.

1. jpiszcz macrumors regular

Hi,

I just bought an iPad and on the bottom left corner, specifically the bottom left and then 1-2 inches to the right from the left corner, I see this when the screen is dark:

Raw link:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20101020/ipad_screen.png

Picture:
    [​IMG]

I have read a few other posts where people have similar issues but Apple told them its within calibration. I just turned it on for the first time yesterday, should I give it a few days to see if it goes away, or should I go to an Apple store to see if they will replace it, or live with it?

What would you do? It is somewhat bothersome as its mainly only the bottom left area that has this problem.

2. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

I could be wrong but it looks like a back lighting leak but not really sure without seeing it up close.

3. TOYSTER17 macrumors regular

Yeah looks like light leakage. That's actually pretty good compared to the leakage on mine.

4. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

Returning it is almost certainly pointless. I've seen light leakage on every iPad I've used. Never noticeable during the day, but in a dark room where you have black bars (on movies etc), you can see them with the brightness at any reasonable level.

Mine's the same way.

6. WLS macrumors 65816

It appears to be within spec. LED back lighting causes slight bright areas around the edge but you can only see them in a dark room against a black background. You would never even see the difference on a normal lighted image. It's possible it could get worse but you can return it then not now.

7. Ksane macrumors regular

Mine doesn't have that at all. I watch movies at night in a pitch black room several nights a week and don't have anything similar to that in the least. My auto-brightness is off and brightness set at about 40%. Maybe it's got something to do with the auto-brightness.

8. planetdom macrumors newbie

iPad

I have had quite a few ipads some had pixels missing one had a nasty dent on it one when you pressed it made a funny sound one had dust under the screen one had a hairline scratch,one had ghosting.I sent them all back,my conclusion was that you will never get a perfect ipad there will allways be something wrong with it..if your not happy with it then take it back you have 14 days to change your mind,they are not cheap because its apple you should be 100% happy as they pride themselves on perfection...

9. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Mine has that too, it doesn't bother me at all, now, if it has dead pixels I will definitely return it. Same thing with my 30" ACD, it has backlighting issues, but doesn't bother me to warrant an exchange (I've never had a monitor without slight backlighting issue), but dead pixels would be another matter.

10. SA22C macrumors regular

Owner of a perfect iPad here. No dust, no dead pixels, nada, nothing.

I'm pretty OCD about this stuff too.