YES. AW will have it's own standalone Apple Watch Boutiques. BRING IT, Apple.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by NeutralGeek, Mar 15, 2015.

1. NeutralGeek, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

NeutralGeek macrumors regular

2. odds macrumors 6502

Wow. It's going to be very interesting to read numbers after year one of the Watch (if they're ever released).

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Strangely none in China. I thought that was a no brainer.

4. NeutralGeek thread starter macrumors regular

Probably, starting this week, one by one, we would see a lot of these Apple Watch boutiques.

Apple is orchestrating the hypes slowly, possibly doing it strategically. Fashion ads in China. Apple Watch in already established luxury jewelry stores in Paris and London. The only thing missing in the USA is what they have done, a first Apple Watch boutique by Apple, in Japan.

5. puma1552 macrumors 601

Interesting. The second comment on the article is off base though, that guy is confusing Japanese consumers with other customer bases in Asia. Japanese people tend to shy away from anything bling bling, right down to simple plain wedding bands and generally not even wearing engagement rings once married. They tend to go for understated elegance rather than gaudy look at me type stuff.

I'll be curious to see how the gold model does in Japan, guessing rather poorly. China on the other hand...

6. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

One of the earlier articles mentioned Maxfield in West Hollywood will have an AW boutique.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's not quite right. The directory listing says "under construction." Macotakra does write that it seems the Apple watch booth might be permanent, but they don't say why they think that.

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

You have obviously never been in Honolulu. Tiffany has its prices printed bigger in Japanese than in English and I not talking the Sterling Silver floor.

The Japanese market for the Rolex watch is huge according to my friend who is a Rolex expert who is actually flown to Japan to give talks about them. I have even seen the special glossy brochure that was printed just in Japanese. The one I liked the best was $250,000 and had a dragon design.

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

No, I haven't been to Honolulu, but I lived in Japan for several years and travel there regularly. My wife is Japanese as well.

They love high end brands, absolutely, never knew a beautiful girl that didn't have a Louis or three - but they won't be wearing anything gaudy, or tacky. In all my time in Japan, I saw thousands of people with excellent fashion sense wearing designer this and that, but rarely was it ostentatious and almost always it was kept classy.

As for the prices in Hawaii, Hawaii is a major tourism destination for them, as I'm sure you know. Go to the Ginza district in Tokyo though, and everything is extremely high end and expensive, but also pretty tasteful.

Also, the only Japanese customer that would buy a Rolex with a dragon on it would surely be yakuza, lol. Sounds neat though.

10. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

Hawaii and Japan are quite different.

11. odds macrumors 6502

They say it'll probably be a permanent store because it is listed on the mall map.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

But it isn't listed in the mall map -- the space just says "under construction" on the map.

13. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

That watch was AMAZING. I think there are only a few of them that were made. That may have been a one of a kind custom one.

I was just reporting what I see the Japanese tourists doing in Honolulu. The third generation Japanese we have on Kauai do not get the flashy jewelry. They get the giant trucks. :p We see very few of the tourists over here.

BTW: I think we generally should stop stereotyping people from different countries. As the world becomes smaller and smaller through access the people are breaking from tradition. I myself am only one generation off the farm. My family would have been horrified at me spending more than $25 on a watch.

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Hawaii has a big population of people of Japanese ancestry, plus lots of Japanese tourists go to Hawaii.

And while it's true that Japanese culture goes more for understated elegance, I think the Edition watches probably fits in with that aesthetics. It's not overly glittery. I can imagine many upped-class Japanese women I know looking good with that kind of watch. It will fit with the kinds of clothing and accessories they wear.

15. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01