yes or no.. will verizon let you sign 1 year contract for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jvmxtra, Feb 2, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I am surprised that not lot of people are asking for this question(besides who can somehow pay the entire amount and go contract free)..

If you sign for iphone 4 tonight for 2 years and iphone 5 does come out in june this year, you will be carrying iphone 4 till iphone 7 comes out...

Will verizon let you sign up for 1 year contract for iphone w/ additional premium(like $99 more?)

Does anyone know or wondering the samething as I am??

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Others wonder, others ask ... did you ask VZW?

3. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Verizon doesn't offer a one year plan, don't know many places that do. Verizon's subsidized pricing amount just went up to 20 months and it's a big reason I'm not buying the Droid Bionic on their 4G network. Their LTE network is stupidly fast.

4. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I did and their answer was "check in tonight".. There aren't many csr who knows what they are talking about.

I am not saying anyone who reads this forum have official information but just wondering how the macrumor community feels about this subject.

If they don't, I might have to tell my wife that she will have to wait till june as iphone 4 till iphone 7 makes no sense.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yes, they do. But it's unknown if the iPhone will have a 1yr. plan.

6. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Called couple big verizon store in northern nj. Both CSR agreed that they all offer 1 year contract for smart phone.(All for just $79 more.. man I should just have gottent my droid X w/ $279.. instead of $200).

However, when I asked for 1 year pricing their response was same " Oh, I honestly don't know.. let me find out"

Once they talk to someone, they both say "We were only given price for 2 year and full price". This is not a great news but I thought I did read somewhere that verizon will have 1 year contract available for iphone(but didn't disclose the price).

I really don't think iphone 4 till iphone 7 makes any sense... unless you are buying on full price.

7. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

If Apple sticks to its June/July schedule, then you would be eligible (on a two year contract) to upgrade to the 6th version of the iPhone only 4 months after its release. If you don't want to wait, you have the option to pay full price for the phone.

8. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

What do you mean? If I sign up 2 year contract tonight on iphone 4, I will be eligible for upgrade after 20 month. Which means 2013 oct which means it's already on iphone 7
    ( iphone 5 june 2011
    iphone 6 june 2012
    iphone 7 june 2013)

9. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

If you order tonight, 20 months is october 2012 buddy.

10. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

my bad.. you get my point though

11. TimShady macrumors member

Lol, close enough. The thought of waiting until Oct. 2012 to get a 4 month old iPhone 6 does kind of suck. I'm definitely going to spring for the 1-year if it's available. It should be, every other phone is, so what's the big deal? 20 months between phones is too long, I'm replacing a BB Storm I bought when it was first released and it feels like the most outdated smart phone there is.

12. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

same here.. trust me.. I know what it's like.. I upgrade from storm 1 to droid x.. felt like day and night.. Can only imagine if get iphone.. man... but yeah def i am staying up till 3am to see if 1 year is available.. if yes, my wife is getting iphone.. if not.. she's waiting till june.. her droid 1 is really erratic now..

13. TimShady macrumors member

I was just messing around on Verizon's website acting like I was gonna upgrade my device and the price difference for the Droid X was 199 and 229. Last time I looked it was 269 I thought. $30 bucks extra, who the heck wouldn't do that? Most people probably don't even know you can get a 1-year contract.