Yes our 3G iPhones have yellow screens... but is anyone's a bit DIM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hsleiman, Jul 13, 2008.

1. hsleiman macrumors regular

So after hearing about the yellow screens in the new iPhones I decided to compare my 3G 16gb with my dad's 3G 16gb. Both were purchased from the same ATT store and were both week 27s. Have updated to lastest 5a347 firmware on both. It seems my phone's screen is a bit dim when compared to my dad's on full brightness with auto brightness off. Is this a defective LCD? Should I take it back to ATT for a replacement? Will post pics soon. Admittedly it's not THAT much dimmer but its my first iPhone and I would be really bummed out if it wasn't perfect.

(The one on the left is mine, the one on the right is my father's)

Attached Files:

2. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

LOL its funny cuz me and MY dad also compared our 2 8GB iphones and his kinda seemed to be a little brighter at the same brightness but mine has a little less tint so idk might just be normal.

3. Macjames macrumors 6502a

mines fine, brighter than my 2G iPhone. (With a slight yellow tint only noticeable on the black bars of the 'slide to unlock screen')

4. jrudmin macrumors newbie

swap them

It was established last time around that the ones on right are brighter. Switch their places and take a picture?

5. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

lol I'm assuming that was a joke? Anyways, I have switched them around and compared them at different angles. Mine is a little dimmer still.

6. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

7. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the link. It doesn't seem to be a big deal I guess I will hold on to it for now.

8. harodude macrumors regular

Me and my brothers were sitting in a pretty dark restaurant today "macaroni grill" and we compared both the iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G side by side...

The 3G is definitely not yellowing, and is quite a bit brighter.

9. jrudmin macrumors newbie

That was the 1st gen iPhone. If you hold it in front of you and tilt it a bit to the left or right, the brightness changes differently. Last year it caused some inadvertent confusion with the ones on the right appearing brighter than the ones on the left in the pictures for same series LCDs.

From these posts it appears there is more variations this year than last year.