Yes we will! (Hillary Clinton speech)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SilentPanda, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I saw this vid on Digg yesterday and thought it was kind of sad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhCikLeXb7c

For BoyBach and company (I understand the blind linkage) -- Hillary at an Ohio Rally a few days back. Really just the first 30 seconds are all you need.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

only kind of?

I was actually embarrassed for her... it would be a hilarious bit if it had been staged for a TV show that specializes in the awkward humor like The Office but to see it in real life is just painful.

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

ouch.

Yeaaaaaagggghh!!!

But these people are under a ridiculous microscope. It's just one moment under the spotlight. Not a big deal.

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

:confused:

Would someone care to explain what this thread and the link is about? I only ask because the title and posts offer nothing and I don't like to click on 'blind' YouTube links.

Cheers. :)

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

7. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Yeah, I just blogged about this earlier today.

What gets me is that she was ragging on Obama's oratory -- "just words" -- only a day or two earlier. Then she carries out this pathetic attempt to ape his rhetorical style and gank his slogan while she's at it. A bit of Schadenfreude, I'll admit, but I was pleased to see the crowd so unmoved.

8. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I was kinda thinking that it wasn't that the crowd was unmoved just more like... "Is she serious?" :p

9. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Okay, poor word choice on my part. They were moved. Into a state of bewilderment.

10. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

She pretty much did this again after getting trounced in Wisconsin. She also needs to realize that when Obama raises his voice with this sort of rhetoric, he sounds inspiring. When she does the same thing, she just sounds shrill (not to mention a bit hoarse).

11. Spizzo macrumors 6502

She seems to be all over the place. It's like her campaign just throws a dart at a wall full of ideas, and they go with that. Smear Obama, now steal his chant.

Desperate Times... Desperate Measures.

Obama just needs to stay above this petty behavior. Respond to allegations when needed, but leave it at that. If he can win in Texas and stay close in Ohio, it's all over for Hill-Dog.

12. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I think the only thing she will do is make overtax everyone. Where is she going to get all the money for her plans!

13. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

And if the teamsters endorse Obama, Clinton is going to have problems stopping him.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

BYAAAAAAAAAH

YES WE WILL.. elect Barack Obama to be the next President of the United States! :D

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh...my...god.

That was just pathetic.

All right -- you know what? I don't particularly like Hillary, but I don't detest her either. This video actually made me feel sorry for her. Watching her ship going down, being told that going negative would backfire on her, and seeing Obama's message of hope resounding with people, she did the only thing she could think of: imitate him.

I'm sorry, that is sad.

Put a fork in her, she's done.

16. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

17. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

She's been stealing his slogans throughout the campaign. She stole "Fired up and ready to go!" and "change" in Iowa when she noticed it was resonating with people. The difference is, "Fired Up, Ready To Go!" came from one of his supporters so OF COURSE it resonated with his people. He even brought the lady to some of his campaign events to lead the crowd chanting it. And of course he was the one advocating change all along. The other candidates all copied him, including John Edwards. And then there's "Yes we can." She's been using that one for quite a while now. Also, she stole a line about Blockbuster from Edwards and used it in a debate on national TV. Even Whoopie Goldberg criticized the hell out of her for it and she supports Hillary.

The real thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHfbKTiUH8U

The thief:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rweVOO-fhug

Not just one but TWO in the same 16 second time frame. Who's the plagiarist Hillary?

18. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Hilary needs to realize the majority of Americans do not want her for President, and end her run. She is getting Obamanated.

19. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

LOL nice find. :D

Hillary should realize that when you lose 10 elections in a row by an average of 33% and when 55% of the country has an unfavorable view of you, it's time to put the ego aside, stop the character assassination attempts on Obama, and do what's best for the party in November.

20. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

That one's definitely going into my vocab bank. :)

It's sad that she's always saying you need a plan not words, but then copies the words of others in order to try to win votes.:confused:

I hope she loses the Texas primary on the 4th as big as she's lost the last 10 because then it's game over and I can quit having to hear her and about her all the time.

21. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

hillary keeps bashing bush but she needs to start talking about why she's better than obama because everyone already hates bush

22. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Or she could take some responsibility for her own vote on Iraq. She helped give Bush a blank check. Other Congress members, including the likes of Edwards and Kerry, have admitted they were wrong and they APOLOGIZED to the people of this country for voting yes to it. She still won't admit she was wrong. She always uses a euphemism like, "If I had known then what I know now..."

Hillary, that is exactly why I trust Barack more than you. He's run a better campaign than you and he had the foresight on Iraq that you didn't.

23. Spizzo macrumors 6502

I don't understand why it is so hard for some politicians to accept responsibility for their actions. We all know what they did, and we'd (most of us) be a lot more accepting if they would admit they made a mistake. After all, we are all human.

24. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Exactly. You know, Barack has already shown more humility in a short time on the national scene than she has in her entire political career. When the plagiarism junk started, he said that he should have credited his friend during the speech. That doesn't mean it was plagiarism and thank God that nasty attack didn't catch on. Ya know, when Patrick tells him over the phone to use those lines then uhhh...it ain't plagiarism since it was GIVEN to him.

25. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Hmm, that would be great if we could come up with reasons why she's better than Obama.

Oh, I've got one:

1. She's got more experience in Washington! She's whored herself out to the lobbyists and corporations for like 35 years now! Oh wait, that's a bad thing.

2. YES WE WILL VOTE FOR BARACK OBAMA!