Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
there seems to be a surplus of LCD threads at the moment, but i would not like to hijack someone else's thread so here goes...

i am looking into getting a 17" LCD to replace the CRT that takes up my entire desk. 15" is out because i refuse to compute at 1024x768 on anything other than my ibook, and anything over 17" is definitely too expensive.

does anyone have any information they would like to share about benq monitors (model FP731 in particular: ~$400 on amazon), or about other monitors of this size in the $350-$450 range? i know there are not too many choices, but with some looking i have been able to find more than i expected.

thanks for any reviews or suggestions!

Gentz

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2004
Beloit, Wisconsin
Well, what will you be using your monitor for? If you do a lot of graphics work then a new CRT would be best (for now, I believe). I think I checked out the FP731 on Benq's site, but I totally threw the idea of getting that out the window - it's an 18 bit monitor (only 16.2 million colors w/ dithering). I would suggest researching the Samsung 710T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.