Yeti Blue incompatible with Mojave?

oceanjaws

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I have discovered that my Yeti Blue mic has stopped recording. It's recognised as an audio input and output by both Logic and Audacity, but it doesn't record anything, and no signal registers as input on my MBP.
Here is a video

I discovered that it still works on my old MacBook Pro, which is running OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) , whereas my current MBP is running OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
That suggests there is a driver issue with the new MacOS, which means there must be a lot of Yeti users having the same issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Brian.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
To answer your question yes I was able to use my Yeti on Mojave, and is working on Catalina now. Now that said I can't tell you what . version I was using, but always update to latest because that is how I am wired.

oceanjaws

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
To answer your question yes I was able to use my Yeti on Mojave, and is working on Catalina now. Now that said I can't tell you what . version I was using, but always update to latest because that is how I am wired.
Hi. I know it's been a while, but I'm thinking of moving back to Mojave so I can use ths mic.
Coud you tell me, is your Yeti Pro working on OS 10.15.3?
If so, then it's not the OS and I should look at other causes.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Sorry Oceanjaws I am using Catalina on 10.15.2 and it is working fine, It worked on the original Catalina version as well.

TBH I think you have something else going on outside the OS. The video is with Audacity, and Audacity is not supported in Catalina, at least the last time I checked. I use Logic X, and checked Garage Band and both work fine. I would look at Audacity if it were me.

Here is some information from Audacity: https://www.audacityteam.org/macos-10-15-catalina-is-not-yet-supported-by-audacity/

oceanjaws

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Thanks. Really good to know it's not the OS.
I use Logic Pro X too, though, and the same problem is there.
I even tried someone else's Yeti Pro in both Logic and Audacity and had exactly the same problem.
Baffling.

Last edited:

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Thanks. Really good to know it's not the OS.
I use Logic Pro X too, though, and the same problem is there.
I even tried someone else's Yeti Pro in both Logic and Audacity and had exactly the same problem.
Baffling.
Very odd. I hope you will let me know what you find. This is very interesting indeed. Good luck. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I see anything that might help. I actually just recorded a podcast today without exception.