Yikes! I just bought iLife 08 family pack last week!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ctakim, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ctakim macrumors 6502

Will the Apple store allow me to upgrade to iLife 09 without paying again?:mad:

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Um...

Doubt it. Why on earth would you buy something the week before Macworld?

3. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Complain. It's wouldn't cost them anything now would it?

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I think I saw that you can upgrade to '09 with a new Mac for $10. Like I would suggest on 99 percent of the questions asked, CALL APPLE and ask them.

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Are you allowed to uninstall it and then sell it or is that against the EULA?

6. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Not everyone keeps up with everything Apple like we do. When I got my first Mac many years ago, I didn't follow Apple at all. Less than 1 month after I bought it, they released a new version... go figure.

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    That is always an option but I would think talking to Apple would be the logical first step. ;) :)

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

because everybody follows apple religiously right?:rolleyes:

9. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

I ordered a macbook from macconnection.com Jan 5th. heh. (like the other poster said, my life doesn't revolve around aapl)

talked with their customer service and was told to refuse shipping or ship the box back if UPS dropped it at the door when i'm not there and they'll ship me another box today. this way my order date is after jan 6th and I can get the ilife 10 bucks upgrade.

have to say.. my first purchase from macconnection.com and so far i'm impressed.

10. fanam macrumors newbie

I just bought a new macbook from mac connection Jan 2nd and received it yesterday (01/07/09). I contacted both mac connection and apple for ilife 09. Both of them refused to give me a free upgrade or even a discount and mac connection customer service representative was even rude and said it is not their problem! I will have to buy ilife 09 and I didn't use ilife 08 not even one day!It is really cheap from apple especially on a product like ilife 08 that included the imovie 08 disaster (worse than imovie 06).The minimum for ilife 08 customers is to offer a discounted upgrade. In these times of bad economy, this is definitely not a smart move from apple!