Yoggie out of business?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mepappas, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Mepappas macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,
    I have the Gatekeeper Card Pro for MacBook Pro.
    My subscription for the anti virus updates for this express card is set to expire in August.
    The web page has changed from www.yoggie.com to a redirect at
    http://80.179.191.132/ most of the web page links are broken and I can't use their license renewal link from the unit itself to renew my subscription.
    (as your supposed to do}
    This doesn't bode well for the future of this company. I have seen this kind of behavior in the past, just before a web based service went kaput.
    I wonder if anyone else has some insight with what's going on at this company.
    I spent about $99.00 for this unit direct from Yoggie on Friday 24 July, 2009.
    After reading all the awards this security solution got, I felt safe in buying from them. NowI'm not so sure!
    Just an FYI for my fellow Mac users.

2. jbully macrumors newbie

Yoggggggggiiieeeeee

Has anyone heard any more about yoggie, the web site has changed again, looks like things are going on but seems like they aren't there ?????

I have downloaded the firmware updates for the express card but am now stuck with crop management I need the pass word to make it standalone again.

any one have any ideas ????

J

3. Mepappas thread starter macrumors newbie

I think this sums up what to expect.

Dear Yoggie Customer,

Yoggie yet did not complete its last round of funding. Until/if fund raising is completed, we have no alternative but to stop providing any kind of service.

We still believe in the Yoggie vision and we are confident that soon, every computer will have a built in Security Co-Processor that will offload most of the security tasks from the PC main processor.

This security technology shift continues.

Meanwhile, If you would like to communicate with us, please email to info1@yoggie.com

However, be aware that there are no employees at Yoggie anymore.

Thank you,

4. farmermac macrumors 6502a

After get that email, you can be sure I wouldn't rely on them for anything in the future.

Here is our email. No one will read it. Have a nice day!