Yosemite/Safari on macbook air sporatically prefers mobile sites?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by moviebrain, Feb 1, 2015.

1. moviebrain macrumors member

I've searched the forums here and google, but no one seems to have this issue. While I can temporarily fix it by clearing the history and cache, I'm wondering if there is a more permanent solution.

I suspect the issue is some combo of handoff, Safari cloud bookmarks and history, iOS 8, and possibly some other unknown.

Every couple weeks I'll browse to Chase.com on my macbook air running 10.10 with Safari and the site will redirect me to the mobile portal blown up to desktop site size. No amount of logging in or out, restarting, etc., will fix this. The only thing that works is clearing the history, even if it's the previous hours' worth. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one having this issue but I've been unable to find bug reports or other solutions with google or forum searches.

Maybe this is a Chase.com issue with Safari? Has anyone else had this problem?

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Strange. I feel like that happened to me before but it resolved itself. Or maybe I did something... have you tried deleting website data ?