Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
download mewseek from cydia then search for whatever song you want then download straight to your phone..then download Pwnplayer to play the songs

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
safari download plugin and dtunes does this as well, may check out mewseek, but I can't really think of any better way to do it than the way safari DL does it now...

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
how does it work?

dtunes is similar to itunes but free. When you install the Safari DL plugin you can use dtunes to download music. Also you can use sites like megaupload or sendspace and download movies to dtunes.

EDIT: I just tried this method and it found a lot of songs I couldn't get with dtunes. I'll probably use both maybe this for songs and dtunes for movies.

nocoast

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
it works pretty well...Speeds are dependent on peers though. I didnt like that it left an icon in my status bar...I deleted swiftly.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
it works pretty well...Speeds are dependent on peers though. I didnt like that it left an icon in my status bar...I deleted swiftly.

You deleted it because it left the icon on the status bar? You know you can hold the home button for a few seconds to kill the app and the icon goes away. It works great for downloading music. I like it better than the dtunes method. You have more songs to chose from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.