you can now download music directly to your phone with mewseek

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vegan TJ, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

download mewseek from cydia then search for whatever song you want then download straight to your phone..then download Pwnplayer to play the songs

2. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

safari download plugin and dtunes does this as well, may check out mewseek, but I can't really think of any better way to do it than the way safari DL does it now...

3. Vegan TJ thread starter macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

how does it work?

4. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

dtunes is similar to itunes but free. When you install the Safari DL plugin you can use dtunes to download music. Also you can use sites like megaupload or sendspace and download movies to dtunes.

EDIT: I just tried this method and it found a lot of songs I couldn't get with dtunes. I'll probably use both maybe this for songs and dtunes for movies.

5. nocoast macrumors member

it works pretty well...Speeds are dependent on peers though. I didnt like that it left an icon in my status bar...I deleted swiftly.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

You deleted it because it left the icon on the status bar? You know you can hold the home button for a few seconds to kill the app and the icon goes away. It works great for downloading music. I like it better than the dtunes method. You have more songs to chose from.