You can now get a gender neutral driver's license in D.C.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/27/health/washington-gender-neutral-drivers-license/index.html?sr=fbCNN062817washington-gender-neutral-drivers-license0930AMN/ALink&linkId=39181447
Nic Sakurai was among the first people outside the Benning Road Department of Motor Vehicle office in Washington on Tuesday morning at 7:15.

Sakurai had created a Facebook event and invited others to join the historic day: They would become the first people in the United States to choose X as their gender marker instead of male or female on driver's licenses and identification cards.
The X signifies gender neutral, the preferred designation for people like Sakurai who don't identify as male or female.

I self identify as a legal and law abiding citizen :D

MarkusL

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
Since it's possible to get a driver's license without knowing how to drive I don't see any problem with getting one without identifying as male or female.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Since it's possible to get a driver's license without knowing how to drive I don't see any problem with getting one without identifying as male or female.
"attention all cars, we have a male,, make that female,,,,,,,,,,,, er make that "it" suspect on the lose " proceed with caution or your will get sued for slander.................

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
Can a X/gender neutral request another X/gender neutral to pat them down at a police stop or airport?

Can a X/gender neutral person receive grants or scholarships for women and men, or do we need something specific for X/gender neutral?

If Secret deodorant is "Strong enough for a man, Made for a women", then what about a X/gender? I smell a lawsuit. :p

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
"attention all cars, we have a male,, make that female,,,,,,,,,,,, er make that "it" suspect on the lose " proceed with caution or your will get sued for slander.................
You called a human being "it" - seriously man. WTF is wrong with you. They have a gender. :p:D

Reactions: jkcerda

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Can a X/gender neutral request another X/gender neutral to pat them down at a police stop or airport?

Can a X/gender neutral person receive grants or scholarships for women and men, or do we need something specific for X/gender neutral?

If Secret deodorant is "Strong enough for a man, Made for a women", then what about a X/gender? I smell a lawsuit. :p
LMAO... I'm rolling here. Everyone at work must think I've lost my mind.

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
lol... Holy **** that's awesome.... So that that mean you can go either way? I guess ingredients used in products don't really matter anymore.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I'm now tempted to get one for the sole purpose of annoying the people who issue them.

Edit: Nevermind. It's DC, not California, although that kind of surprises me.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
DC is full of crooked politicians. Is "a******" an option?
That's no way to talk about the President and the GOP Congress....

I am not bothered about this. If people feel they fall in neither gender, and want this to be recognised, than so be it. The social etiquette needs to be worked out, but it's not that complicated.

Reactions: Zenithal

statik13

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
Guessing everybody above is cisgender?

Good on D.C. It is a small move, but at least a move in the right direction.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Let's just solve the issue.
"Driver License shall list chromosome pair"
[doublepost=1498845727][/doublepost]
Indeed, it would be best IMO not to have a 'gender' or 'sex' field on drivers licenses altogether.
Pretty soon it will be just DOB. And I bet that even that will end up at the SCOTUS as some people will feel entitled to "feel younger" or whatever. (Sexist comment of the month: see women 30+ ;) ).

Reactions: BeeGood and jkcerda

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
You don't need to know how read or even speak English either! My personal opinion is you should have to be able to do both to get a license.