You can still get 2gb Data Plan for ATT!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by labaom, Feb 4, 2012.

1. labaom macrumors member

Hello everyone! I got my first iPhone 4s today at Best Buy. Before I purchased I was annoyed that when my upgrade was available, I could not buy the 2gb data plan. I feel that for my needs I do not need 3gb and that 300MB would be too little. I think the 2gb is the best and you spend less as I would not need that much. When I went to Best Buy they said I could still get the 2gb and it went through completely. When I check my data using (*3282#) I see 2040 MB (2GB). So I guess you can still get 2gb at least at Best Buy!

Let me know if you ran into a similar situation!

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

wow.

AT&T has now brainwashed people into believing 2gb/$25 is like something that's awesome.

Just 18 months ago people were complaining about it when AT&T yanked the unlimited data option.

It's like Verizon people were all giddy happy when Verizon offered "double data" 4GB for LTE phones. So people got 4gb/$30. But little more than 6 months ago people got $30/unlimited data.

I guess it's all in the the marketing.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

He was comparing 2/$25 vs. 3/$30 - and for the OP it was awesome that he was able to save $60 a year.

For him the saving of $60 is awesome

4. labaom thread starter macrumors member

Yes. Also it undermines the fact my brother has $30 for unlimited. I am very happy.

5. TonyC28, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Why couldn't you get the 2GB plan from AT&T?

(edit) Never mind, I see what you're saying now. I didn't realize that AT&T stopped offering the 2GB plan.

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Did not work for me.

I ordered online with best buy and chose the 2GB plan. When I got to the store, they only were able to give me the 200mb plan I already have or any of the new plans.

7. labaom thread starter macrumors member

Well you did it in March. I did it a week after they "supposedly" stopped offering it. There was probably a few weeks grace period.