You dont get 100% of smoothness of the 6s until you install public beta 9.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aleni, Sep 27, 2015.

1. aleni macrumors 68020

Just installed public beta 9.1 release 2. Wow! It's like night and day difference in scrolling and recent apps smoothness.

People with the new 6s should install this to get benefit of the processing power of the 6s. It's stable and so far no issue at all.

2. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

I was on the fence. Wanted to do some dev work with Live Photos.

3. Benched08 macrumors regular

I downloaded the beta. Feels the same. 9.0.1 was running mostly well on the S too.

4. danwestbrook macrumors regular

danwestbrook

I've noticed my 6s is a bit laggy when unlocking sometimes get a really slow load of the homescreen icons, hopefully 9.1 will be out of beta soon.

5. evorc macrumors 6502a

evorc

I agree and experienced the same outcome after updating.

6. hutrebug macrumors regular

Rule of thumb:

Never trust the x.0 version of any operating system.

Same goes for Android and Windows.

The companies see that it's cheaper to crowdsource testing and bug reporting to the useful idiots...um... early adopters. ;)

7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Wow, that is something to look forward to. As it is now, my iPhone 6s is already MUCH faster and smoother than my iPhone 6 was.

8. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I used 9.0.1 briefly when I first got my 6s plus but quickly updated to 9.1 and haven't looked back.

9. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

So what's the consensus. Should I take the leap? Can't seem to not be on beta for more than 2 months out of the year.

10. entraik Suspended

I just got my 6s+ and got the 9.1 beta 2. I have this annoying issue where the phone locks up for a second or two after unlocking the screen....

11. Cloud Unique macrumors newbie

Cloud Unique

Same happening here once I unlock my phone locks up for three seconds.

12. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

This randomly happens on mine too (not beta though, just 9.0.1). It's not "all" the time but enough for me to notice.

Hopefully 9.1 will address this when public release happens. I depend on my phone, and only have 1 iPhone for everyday use so I don't feel comfortable to install betas.

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I had the same issue. I went straight to 9.1 before even using my 6s. Lots of delays after unlocking. Tapping on an app would turn it dark and then just sit there for a couple of seconds.

A little disappointing to say the least. I have faith that they'll have it worked out sometime in the next nine months though.