You feel you ordered the wrong color??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I got black and have been seeing some more of the white and it's growing on me. Every device I have is white, so this is a change for me. Too bad I wasn't able to see in person before deciding.

Worst case black comes and I exchange in store for white.

2. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Okay?

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Lack of preparation leads to indecision, buyers remorse & returns.

We've had lots of advance notice.

Some like to procrastinate :)

4. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

Nope definitely glad I got the black. I preferred white for my old 4, but the white looks horrible on the 5. The black on the other hand... looks badass - it's all black (the sides are matte black)

5. clickart macrumors member

He was asking for your opinion.. Settle down

I had a tough time picking, but I i finally convinced myself to get white since I heard when you scratch the black one, it turns ugly

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I went black too and my current 4S and ipad 3 is white.
    The black front, back and side bands matching makes it look pretty slick IMO.

7. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I think you are the one who needs to calm down. I said nothing else but "okay?"..

8. clickart macrumors member

Don't be so naive, you were just trying to start a hate thread but failed.

9. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I have a white 4S, i ordered a white 5, but I think i regret it. The black looks really good this time around. Thinking about exchanging.

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

same here, 4s and ipad 3 white. The white looks too un-unified (sp?)

11. deyjavoo macrumors member

What has been seen cannot be unseen and that's exactly how I feel about the white iPhone and iPad, they have this black bar around the edges of the screen that are not noticeable on the black models. Once I noticed that I could not look at the white models the same.

12. mykem macrumors regular

Believe me once you've gone black, you'll never go back :)

The problem with the white iPhone, is that the band remains silver or silver-like. What you end up getting is an elongated iPhone 4/4S with even worst looking back shell. It's still a fast phone but unless you're trying to convince people that you're chaste (i.e. virgin), go with black. Hope I've convinced you ;)

13. valk macrumors newbie

valk

This, but I think white still looks pretty good on the 5, it's just that black looks soooooooooooooooo much better.

That and, also guys, my Art History teacher said in class the other day not to buy white iPhones/iPads/etc because the white will make the colors on the screen look darker and incorrect by comparison. And I trust this dude because he also teaches classes on color theory, and when you think of it, it makes sense because letterboxing on videos has never been any color other than black (asides like IBM or whatever company uses that blue letterboxing gimmick).

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, that's what I thought too.
    Still looks nice but the black came out nicer.

15. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i hope the black metal is black all the way through. Id hate for it to get scratched and be raw aluminum under it...

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Now you're scaring me:D

17. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

No. But you clearly do. So why not just title the thread "I feel I ordered the wrong color." What is wrong with you people? Why do people insist on constantly try to warp their singular experiences into a group hug?

18. dannyhex macrumors regular

lol i never noticed that, !!!! thank god i ordered a black one!!!;)

19. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

I debated over the color from Wednesday to Friday. I was certain I was a lock for the white, and even told the rep at Best Buy so. Went back-and-forth again with him a few times - good thing he wasn't perturbed. Told him to scratch out white for black.

That all-black everything iPhone 5 is untouchable, IMO.

20. christyn macrumors 6502a

No. This was the first year I was tempted by the black, I do think it looks slick... but still prefer the white :D

21. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I had a black 4. It was okay, but kind of generic looking. I replaced it with a white 4S that I really love.

That said, I ordered a black 5, because 1) the white 5 looks weird to my eye. Brushed silver back, matte silver edges, white front, black screen... Way too much going on there. And 2) The all black model looks slick. Super slick. The addition of PVD coating (or whatever they're using) for the metal surrounds makes it look much more unified in design terms. It looks like the 2001 monolith.

22. dwreck macrumors member

OMG prior art

23. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

I know dude! Hope it's not lik

24. Doctorsti macrumors regular

The coated black metal on the black version is what scares me the most and specifically why I ended up choosing white. I think I actually like the look of the black better and I have a white 4s so it would be a nice change but I would be pissed if after a year of it getting slid on desks and tables or nicked by keys or something and the silver metal shows through.

I can't imagine the metal is black all the way through, I'm not sure how they would do that really. Pretty much all black metal is either PVD coated or anodized and that is all a surface treatment.

Without "antennagate" I think the failure of the black staying black could be the outrage with this new phone.

25. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Thank you!!! These threads are so annoying!