You guys can thank me for the new i7 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mingoglia, Feb 8, 2010.

1. mingoglia macrumors 6502

I had a Powerbook that was purchased just a couple weeks before the Intel processor came out that served me well up until right around Thanksgiving. The battery was only lasting about 20 mins back then and the HD was making some noise here and there. It just felt sick so I decided to look at new MBP's. I came here and decided to wait for the refresh.

I've been agonizing ever since. I've bought a Mini, Touch, Express, and a few accessories since then just to try to have a new toy to displace my lust for a new MBP. Anyway, a week from this past Saturday my Powerbook officially died. I was traveling on business Tuesday and needed a laptop for a presentation. I ended up buying an HP with an i5 processor.

The reason why I say you can thank me is because my buying a new machine is why the new MBP is now right around the corner. That's how my luck is! I told my wife it would happen, and sure enough the geekbench tests showed up like a day or so later.

I was smart though. I bought my new machine from Costco and kept all the packing materials. As many know costco has a 90 day return with ZERO restocking fee on all electronics, including laptops. :D :D Yup, that's the reason why I bought it from Costco. To keep my options open. :) I did however figure if I liked it I would just hand it down to my wife when I got my new MBP. The only real gotcha that I'm ashamed to say is I actually kinda like this new Windows 7. This new taskbar works really well.

Oh, I did manage to crash this new machine in 1.5 days. I'm sure many won't be surprised when I tell them it was when watching flash full screen (watching Family Guy on Zulu).

Mike

2. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

i7 - another 7.

I'm sorry, but the new i7 MacBook Pro WAS MY IDEA! :eek:

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I'm sorry but both of you are smoking premium grade crack. This isn't Windows 7. This wasn't "Your Idea." Nor is this burger king though some people act like it is then whine on the boards when they don't get it "their way".

Get out of here with that voodoo business. Fools.

4. anessen07 macrumors newbie

Ha ha, thats exactly how my luck always pans out. Luckily you did save me the trouble of finding out the hard way, and hopefully we'll all find out soon enough...

5. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Heh... man... alright... ?

Stop whining and give us some of what YOU smoke. I mean, you come here and call this place a 'burger king'?! :mad: That's Burger King! That is an actual person, don't disrespect the King!

And stop whining, you sound like my old MacBook Air. Your hinges might become loose soon.

Nobody wants Sinatra here!@-----:eek: Look! I blew a ring!

6. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Boooo! I wish you hadn't done that! An i7 Macbook Pro makes my 2.8Ghz C2D MBP officially last-gen (yes I know, C2D has long since fallen behind, but not in Apple's lineup).

I just bought this is October-- hoping I can make it last for 3+ years... though, those that know me are very doubtful of this fact! haha.

Anyways, I also wish I had a Costco nearby so I could enjoy this same luxurious return policy on electronics. Sadly, I only have a Sam's Club. -_-