you know how it looks when the iPhone receives a call in the commercials?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by astromoose, Nov 29, 2008.

1. astromoose macrumors member

astromoose

When the iPhone gets a call in the apple commercials it shows the backround image with a thumbnail picture of the caller in the top corner. Anyone know how to get it to do this?

also, does the ringer they use in the commercials even actually exist?

thanks

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Go to your Contacts (application usually found on your home screen)

Select a contact, on the top right where it says Edit, tap that.
    Tap Add photo on the upper left, choose your photo then save.

EDIT:
    Hidden. My bad somehow I'm not in my present state of reading tonight. My apologies to the OP

3. astromoose thread starter macrumors member

astromoose

I did that, the photo (taken with the iphone camera) just takes up the whole screen. Instead of a thumbnail and the backround screen as on the commercial.

4. TheMBC macrumors 6502

You have to sync with a contacts program supported by iTunes, it'll show a thumbnail instead of being an entire background.

5. Shawn Parr macrumors regular

To add to what TheMBC said:

If you add a picture in the iPhone, the picture will be full screen when a call comes in.

If you add a picture to your desktop application you sync to (Address Book on the Mac) then when it syncs the attached image in the iPhone will be the smaller thumbnail size.

6. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Your iPhone has to be unlocked (not carrier-wise) for that particular incoming call screen to appear. When it is locked you will see the regular 'slide to answer' screen.

7. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

You add a picture to someone's contact info and when the phone rings it will be up in the right corner.

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Not quite. That only affects the buttons the the bottom ( i.e. 'Answer' and 'ignore' vs. 'Slide to answer'). To get the thumbnail you have to sync the pics over, like the others said.

9. DaveICT macrumors newbie

Google missing iPhone ringtone to find the tone and then import into Garageband. I have it on mine.
    Dave

10. pavvento macrumors 6502

That is if your phone is locked (screen lock). If you are using your phone and get a call it will show just like in the commercial, with the answer or end buttons popping up.

11. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Since getting a Mac and using Address Book and organize all my contacts - I must say I like the thumbnail incoming call thing (I thought I wouldn't before).

But it looks really classy and more "phone-like", if that makes any sense. I likes.

12. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Use Address Book on the Mac to make the contact images 64x64 pixels. This works great. If the image is below a certain size, the iPhone will display a small thumbnail instead of the full screen. I've done this with all of my contact photos because I too prefer the smaller images.

13. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'm fairly certain that using Address Book to apply the contact photos will make incoming calls display as thumbnails, regardless of the picture size you used.

14. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Right, but I like my icons to be sharper, so I manually downsize them and sharpen them. Here's an example.

Attached Files:

• sm.jpg
      sm.jpg
      File size:
      9.2 KB
      Views: