You know the tea party has gone completely off the deep end when...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, May 17, 2011.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

...even John Boehner and News Gingrich are way too far to the left for them.

I never thought I'd see the day when I started a thread defending those two, but check this out.

and

Um...wow??

Is that how far the tea party has gone? Guys on their own side are truthful with them and/or take a couple of moderate-right positions, and they go bonkers?

For the record, I don't know that Boehner is right about the budget. Of course it won't get back under control overnight, but it sounds like his estimates are predicated on the false assumption that we can get away without raising anybody's taxes.

Anyway, this is a sad commentary on the condition of American politics. God help us if we don't start de-electing these fanatics.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

50 years? Wow, that's the first time I've heard a politician tell the truth about our mess. These naive tea party idiots think we can fix our budget by just slashing spending and in a few years, poof, we'll be all 1950s again.

Now, let's get started on that 50 year road and rebuild this damn country.

As for Newt, man, his own ate him alive today. Further proof that any dissension on the ranks of the Republican party disqualifies you from participating.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

You forgot the lower taxes.

All the tea party nut cases are doing is allowing the dems to get away with more crap because they are a hell of a lot better than the dems.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Here's a clue: paying off large debts take time.