You know Trump is getting desperate when he runs an ad like this

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Oct 11, 2016.

1. zin macrumors 6502

She did fail in every foreign policy endevour she attempted. I don't see the problem with the advert.

2. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Of course you don't. Not surprising at all. You hate her and love Trump. I wouldn't expect a Trump supporter to think there was anything wrong. Everything he does is magical, even when it is a bunch of bs about her health.

He is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at her. It is desperate and the sign of a losing campaign.

4. zin macrumors 6502

She didn't fail at every foreign policy endeavour she attempted?

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Why not slam dunk by showing not just the ad and opinion but even a news article that backs up or refutes it? I don't keep up with foreign policy nearly as much as others, you could do everyone here a great duty by doing more than the "My candidate is better because all the other candidate does is bad" while the person on the other side says "My candidate is better because all the other candidate does is bad".
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2016 ---
    Is that why she wants Tim Cook in her cabinet? "Magical" is the calling card for every Apple product commercial! :p

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Only if you're an anti-Clinton zealot.

The ad is not even as good as the one w/ Dukakis riding around in a tank. I have higher standards. They're going to have to do a lot better to get me to buy a TV and watch stuff like that. But thanks to @MadeTheSwitch for the preview on my laptop ;)

8. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

What about it is untrue? Nothing wrong with the ad, and she has done just as bad if not worse. As far as supporting Trump. Read any of my posts, and see what I think about him. I think you may be wearing rose colored glasses yourself.

9. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I'm sure it speaks to its core audience but what I find almost comical about the ad is that, after the first 12 seconds of video footage meant to fire up the amygdala with images of militant Muslims, the ad is visually limited to a handful of static, well-worn, practically stock photo shots that are clearly meant to evoke the countless memes they've been used for.

Now, you can argue that many of Clinton's own ads over-emphasize a handful of Trump-tropes from the last year but there's a key difference: her ads are composed of visuals that play in concert with his own actual audio.

Voters firmly in the Trump camp can now also integrate Trump's latest argument that his sins are his words and hers are her actions. I'd counter-argue that her campaign's ads simply and wisely put the focus on the clearest, most relatable dramatization of his moral and ethical lapses. I do suspect that they have a roadmap of ads (all subject to updating if more evidence is surfaced) that over the next few weeks will focus on larger issues that, hopefully, raise above the well-known prurience of his character and similarly draw attention to his financial foibles -- and I don't mean the bankruptcies, etc. I mean looking into general business practices and trying to work around the NDA's that seem to have his first-hand critics so quiet.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

yeah and it makes so much sense to pitch to his core audience when that's not enough to elect him even if the number holds steady. This is an ad designed to keep from from losing West Virgina and Alabama, and it will surely get that job done...

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I saw this. It just shows how desperate Trump is and how low he'll go. I think this is going to boomerang big time.

And hey, if I'm wrong and it works, maybe Hillary can make an ad showing every insane thing that's come out of Trump's mouth, and question his mental health.

'Course, with all that material it would have to be an infomercial.

12. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

We can quibble about her SoS record for years to come. Anyone with a brain can see that she is fine medically. This this ads imagery is BS.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2016 ---
    The problem is you like it.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump doesn't get it. He is not expanding his base and an ad like this won't either.

Also - it's depressing. Intentionally so, as designed. But all his ads look like Michael Bay created them and it's the apocalypse. And he's trying to say Hillary has so much hate in his heart. That's funny.

14. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Were you this adamant back during these issues?

Attacking Bob Dole on this health: http://www.nytimes.com/1996/05/05/w...-is-age-bashing-any-way-to-beat-bob-dole.html

Or John McCain: http://www.usnews.com/news/campaign...ms-could-be-an-issue-in-the-presidential-race

Or are you more in this camp: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nk-we-should-write-about-hillarys-health-now/
    "Why I wrote about John McCain’s health in 2008 (and don’t think we should write about Hillary’s health now)"

After all, even Bill Clinton once said "The public has a right to know the condition of the president’s health.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/14/us/clinton-in-detailed-interview-calls-his-health-very-good.html

15. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nope. No rose colored glasses here. I simply understand the difference between winning vs. desperation and sane rational demeanor vs. sniffles who should be in a straight jacket somewhere. The man has a screw loose. Someone with morality and quality wouldn't run an ad like this. Evan McMullen wouldn't run an ad like this. It shows a stunning lack of character. But then we wouldn't expect Trump to be a gracious loser would we? I am sure this is only the beginning.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Another example of Trump going low instead of going high. Where is the talk of HIS plan and how he can right America's wrongs?

17. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think anyone that makes an ad about someone's health when they are obviously fine now is desperate and despicable. I assume you think all these ads are just fine.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

"I will say this about Hillary. She doesn’t quit. She doesn’t give up. I respect that. I tell it like it is. She’s a fighter. I disagree with much of what she’s fighting for. I do disagree with her judgment in many cases. But she does fight hard, and she doesn’t quit, and she doesn’t give up. And I consider that to be a very good trait."

And then this ad. LOL.

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

How many did she attempt? does she make foreign policy?

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

influenced it, ask Obama :D

21. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

So just to be clear, you are as equally outraged at the Democratic party for past attacks against Bob Dole and John McCain? You are mad about the precedence they've established in attacking political rivals based on health concerns? I never said the ads were or were not fine, but I also did not start a new thread complaining about the topic. You did. So I'd just like to know that you are consistent.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

I have no idea. I wasn't on PRSI. But maybe you can look on this forum, if it exists back then and find out for yourself?

How about we focus on this election and the candidates running now?

23. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah, so you want to badger me about an answer that I have already given, and thus do not need to repeat (just scroll up! I was clear!) but provide no answer to a question asked of you. Rather hypocritical.

Not playing that game with you.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am sorry, were you trying to make a point?