You know you spend too much time on MR forums when...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
- you realise that you've typed more words here in the last 24 hours than you have to your mother in the last 6 months.

- you have dreams involving characters with forum member names (I'm not saying who and no, the dreams were not indecent)

- you find yourself thinking about Cell processors on the way home...

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
(dreams? crikey! yikes...)

-when the 'new posts' page has at least two new posts from you every time you refresh it... :rolleyes:

-when people respond to threads asking you to post one of your famous gifs... *looks around* edesign? :D

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
This place keeps me sane...it's kind of a cigarette break for non smokers. :D

I edit about 40,000 words of text a day, and then go home and either write or do photography work - all in front of machines, so I have to have SOME human initeraction. I like you's peoples. :D

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Blue Velvet said:
- you realise that you've typed more words here in the last 24 hours than you have to your mother in the last 6 months.

- you have dreams involving characters with forum member names (I'm not saying who and no, the dreams were not indecent)

- you find yourself thinking about Cell processors on the way home...
...when you start getting sandwich ideas from exotic graphic designers instead of the people who you share a flat with ;):D

...you realise that you messed up your exams because instead of revising you were waiting for the MWSF webcast.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
...when your coworkers ask you if you're "on that site again." :D

They definitely know to leave me alone when there is a Stevenote. They put a sign on my office door that says "Stevenote in progress, do not disturb." :D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
- when people click on "Find More Posts by <you>" and they don't see anything older than a month ago.

- when you're quite aware whether or not any of maybe a hundred members have posted recently or seem to be visiting more (or less) frequently than before

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Blue Velvet said:
- when the 'server is busy' message feels like a personal insult.
- when the 'server is busy' message sends you into a small panic because you really, really, really need to either submit a post or read a thread because, well, it's just so important.
- when the 'server is busy' message sends you into a small panic because you might have to walk away from MR for a while until it is reachable... what will you do until then? :eek:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Mr. Anderson said:
- when your post count is larger than your checking account

D
- when your posts per day are larger than your checking account.

also:

- when you need to get your butt going to make a 10AM EST meeting at work and you can't seem to stop posting. *** winces *** Gotta go - "see" you all later...

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
when you realise this thread has been discussed before and you don't mind posting and discussing this again.

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
I don't think there is such a thing as 'Too Much Time on Macrumors' ... especially when you lead the empty vacuous life that I do ... I still have room in my life to deLve into forums discussing ironing boards and regionalised folk dancing.

Although I do agree with you bit about communicating with your mother .... I think this one post is perhaps longer than any conversation I've had with mine since Christmas. :eek:

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Mr. Anderson said:
- when your post count is larger than your checking account

D
You yourself could still have a pretty comfy checking account (Mr A's postcount) :eek: :p :p

-----

And to complete the usual OMG, IMHO, etc acronyms, here's a new one: TMTM or TM^2 (Too Much Time on MacRumors).

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
when your girlfriend thinks you like this site more than her! oops!

when you have to check the site for new threads every few minutes!