You mean the same $1,000 I spent on my 256GB iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRealAlex, Feb 19, 2017.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

So lately I've seen a lot of Fake News and manufactured outrage about the iPhone 8 Pro and it's 5.8" OLED display model costing $1,000 well, how much do you guys think a 256GB iPhone 7 Plus currently costs ?

$969 Plus Tax and Activation folks.

And it's a far superior device the iPhone 7 Plus will go down as having lived just 11 months before a whole new Generation replaced it. What a waste of dough.

Anyone else feel cheated ?

2. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

Every device is replaced a year after its release, where have you been the last 10 years?

3. TheRealAlex thread starter macrumors 65816

Not by Such a Generational leap as being talked about. A whole new Body design never happened Year to year period.

4. bufffilm, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Another 'post and run thread' from you?...you're becoming so predictable.

Don't buy it then!

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You don't have to upgrade to the new phone. Unless your current phone is having hardware problems, why the focus on the rumored price of the new phone?

6. seadragon Contributor

iPhones retain great resale value. Just sell your old phone to offset much of the cost of a new one.

7. parajba macrumors 6502

I don't want to state the obvious, but I am forced to.

Didn't you know about this when you bought the 7? There were 100s of threads on the subject. Of course, the design is like 4 years old now.

We are all grown-ups and I would like to think we can decide how to spend our money without blaming someone else (Apple in this case).

We have the ultimate decision power - we decide where to spend our money.

Something is not good? Don't buy it...

(For the record, I am on a 4 year old iPhone 6).

8. TheRealAlex thread starter macrumors 65816

3 year old it was launched September 2014

9. ericwn macrumors 65816

Hilarious. Feeling cheated by a non existent product. At least you managed to post a second time in your own thread unlike your contributions to other forums where you leave immediately after the initial post.

10. Andrewtst macrumors regular

Andrewtst

Cheat? Nope, I volunteer on it, I only use my phone for maximum 1 year, off course you can use it for 2 to 3 years or until spoil. No one force you and said must buy every year and off course manufacturer had right to release new phone every year. It is choice.

Nobody force you buy it. Nobody cheat anyone, it is your own choice.

11. pr0230 Suspended

Was the Iphone 8 a secret before you bought the 7+?
    Did Apple corp or any one else hold a gun to your head and force you to. Buy?
    Do you know you can sell your 7+ and recoupe some of your money?

12. CYKBC macrumors 6502

You expect apple to stand still? Last I checked apple didn't hold their customers at gun point to buy.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Not even a little as no one is forcing you or me to buy it!

14. dslrjunky macrumors regular

you do realize that you're quoting for a flagship device, 1k for iPhone 8 could just be just the base model...then you'll be way way way way out of the field...

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I don't think Alex is happy unless he's starting threads.

16. bufffilm, Feb 19, 2017

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

If the mystery phone is upwards of $1000+... the safest bet might be to wait till 2018.

By then, the improvements that will debut with the mystery phone, will likely trickle down to the regular models.

I'm sure plenty will buy iPhone-X anyway, but if you are on the 2016 cycle already and bought a 7/+...it might be more prudent to just let things be.

It costs $$$ to be on the cutting edge.

17. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Sell the Iphone 7 plus and get a unlocked Moto X Pure. Big battery, 5.7 inches, stereo speakers. $299 new

18. ucfgrad93, Feb 19, 2017

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not me.

You have no idea if the rumors are true. Tech changes pretty rapidly. No one is forcing you to upgrade on a yearly basis. Do you really need to always have the latest and greatest?

19. noobinator macrumors 601

You only cheated yourself. Do more research and spend your money wiser next time.

20. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

I agree with the first part of your post, only. The uproar over a possible $1k+ price tag is laughable, as if it had never been approached before. But "cheated"?

No, I can't imagine anyone will agree about feeling cheated over purchasing a 7 Plus.

As mentioned above, no one forced you to "waste" that "dough" and the iPhone "8" has been rumored since well before the 7/7 Plus were introduced.

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL!

I'll see your outrage and raise you one.

One year after the release of the iPhone 5 which I paid about $900 for with the 64GB model, what did Apple do? They replaced it with the iPhone 5c and made the new iPhone 5s the flagship.

And insult to injury they kept the iPhone 4s around.

They didn't kill the 4s and move the 5 down, a consistent pattern they'd done before. No, they put my exact same phone in a plastic case and labeled it as a brand new phone.

So, if you want to speak outrage about the cost of a phone and how it's now been abandoned, get in line. You ain't the first.

PS. I got over my outrage (although I still don't like the 4/4s series). Let's see if you get over yours.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Will it run iOS?

Thought not.

23. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

No it's not!!! There are changes (albeit minor) to the outer shell but big internal changes.

24. C DM, Feb 19, 2017

C DM macrumors Westmere

You mean just plain rumors that have always been around? It's not some new "fake news" thing or anything like that.

And what else is new about a new phone coming out being better than the last one? Isn't that basically the whole point and how it's been done essentially forever?

25. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

So smaller or no bezels and larger screen and a new design has everyone all excited? Mine lives in a case anyway so new design is not applicable, and bigger? , got an iPad already. Think I'll just keep my 7 as it has lots of good miles left on it. I got other stuff I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on.