You people are begining to freak me out about buying an iPad 3rd gen.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheMiz, Mar 22, 2012.

1. TheMiz macrumors member

I should of never came here. Now I will be studying my screen for tinted colors, bleeding back lights, and dead pixels if decide to buy one.

I didnt even know what a bleeding back light was until now.

Saturday will be the day I decide.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Don't let the people who are extremely obsessive about things like that stop you from buying something. When you buy it, enjoy it.

Remember, you will hear more about things that are wrong on places like this than you do about things that are great

3. jeffg819 macrumors regular

Go, see, use, unless you're OCD OCD, chances are pretty good all will be well.

4. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

Just buy it and enjoy it. And remember that you'll likely only going to keep it for a maximum of 12 months, it's not a life-long commitment even if your new unit isn't totally pixel perfect. The iPad 2013 will be terrific...

5. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Welcome to my world, i wan't one so bad but i don't want it to have problems and i know it will. :(

6. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

That's a strange assessment.

7. mac jones macrumors 68040

Apple recommends staying away from forums like Macrumors.

There have been known cases ago people returning items without any reason except that Macrumors says to do it.

It is theorized that people with borderline personality disorders, can experience increased apprehension. This can effect sales numbers, and also lead to possible progression into more serious conditions.

8. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Either I can't tell what a tinted screen, bleeding, etc looks like or I have a perfect iPad. Either way I don't care. I come here and realize only a small percentage show problems anyway. Enjoy your iPad.

9. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Not every iPad has a problem, but i'm 100 % sure that exactly MINE will.

10. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Than why buy one?

11. TheMiz thread starter macrumors member

Now its the smart covers. I agree with the commitment. I am sure a new one will be out now in less then a year and I will just get it. I am also sure the iPad 2 had its list of issues. I remember my wifi would not connect or had a dead pixel here and there. But this is getting crazy. Every day there is something new. And I feel like a real strapper going in and out an Apple Store returning an iPad for a yellow tint.

12. pdawg macrumors regular

Don't let anyone on this forum scare you. Many of us have new iPads that are near perfect. If there are issues, Apple is generally very good about replacing them. This is my second iPad (I have the first gen one), and I had zero issues with the first one (dead pixels I did not notice until literally months later and which no one can tell unless they are looking for it) or this one now (none of this bleeding lights thing or excess heat) that some are reporting.

13. TheMiz thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. Its almost a mystery box.

14. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Because i want one, simple as that. If it has problems, then i'm going to change it until it doesn't. The iPad is really expensive :/

15. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

But you said that everyone you buy is going to have a problem, which would then mean you constantly returning :rolleyes:

16. Trj macrumors newbie

17. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

No, it won't.
    And don't do this, please.

18. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I would not stress. Unless your looking hard for these problems you'll never find them. I would say that my new iPad looks perfect to me but I have not looked for these problems and I am not going to. The new screen looks great and I am a happy camper.

19. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Don't forget about it heating up while playing 15 minutes of apps.

I just tried playing some Infinity Blade II for 20 minutes and my ipad is super hot right now.

20. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

I never said that every iPad will have problems?

''i wan't one so bad but i don't want it to have problems and i know it will. ''

''Not every iPad has a problem, but i'm 100 % sure that exactly MINE will.''

21. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

So when you say I'm 100% that mine will have a problem you mean something different?

22. Papillo macrumors member

just go enjoy yours. i haven't done any screen, light, color etc tests. mine does not overheat and looks as good as advertised. The retina thing is a bit over-hyped.

My only issue is trying to justify whether i really will use it after the novelty wears off as i still prefer my 13 inc mbp.

go buy and enjoy your product.

23. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

''But you said that everyone you buy is going to have a problem, which would then mean you constantly returning '' <- What you wrote

I never said EVERY IPAD, i just said that my iPad i'm going to buy (MAYBE) will 100 % have problems. I'm not sure about the others if i now will return it.

24. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Forums are an open view into problems, not solutions, not "this is an awesome product". For this reason the only advice I can give is "Just buy it". It doesn't matter if you need it, it doesn't matter if you don't know what it is, it doesn't even matter what anybody says about the 2012 iPad. JUST BUY IT.

If you change your mind later, sell it or return it but if you don't even take the first step and purchase, you're going to be stuck wondering "What if I really like it and what if I could have had it."

25. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

And I never said every iPad, i said every ipad that YOU buy, which is what you referred until you just added you maybe to your last post.

This is semantics at this point and I really don't care anymore