You people using Exchange email, can you move calendar events?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big D 51, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I have searched all the threads on here about using the proper capital words for exchange, and made corrections to my account looking for improvements. I can edit events that I am the only attendee, but I can not edit events where there are multiple attendees. Can you?

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Haven't tried. I'll test now though...

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Okay, just tested this. I created a test meeting appointment where I invited a co-worker of mine. He accepted and the meeting showed up in both of our Outlook calendars and on my phone's Calendar.app.

I then went into the appointment via the Calendar.app and tapped on "Edit" in the upper right corner and changed the time to an hour later.

The new meeting time was then correctly reflected on my phone and, after a few seconds, in my Outlook calendar. My co-worker also received the update, accepted it, and could see it correctly in his Outlook calendar.

Looks like it works fine for me.

4. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I was almost certain it should be working. Very helpful and detailed post. Thank you for taking the time to check on this. Your awesome. Guess I need to keep tinkering with it.

5. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

No problem, hope you get it working the way you want. :)

6. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Sorry to hassel you again, but could you try editing a clanedar event that you are only a attendee, but not meeting organizer.

7. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

No problem, I will try however I don't believe it's possible to do so. I'll report back shortly.

----------

Okay, just tested this and, as suspected, there is no way from the phone to edit the time of an Exchange calendar event for which you are not the "organizer".

8. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Thank you. Mine is working then. I feel a little better, but that stinks to know I'm going to have to access a personal computer to change proposed meeting times for exchange account. Oh well.

Thanks again. Maybe I can find an app to do so.