Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raiderz182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
north philly
recently i've started to like apple and one of my friends goes :

giak262: yo man apple sucks
raiderz182 : why
giak262: when i freaking go on aim , and i press enter, the message wont send
raiderz182: ......
giak262: i have to reach all the way and press enter at the number pad or hold apple and return
raiderz182: wtf you're an idiot, how do you not like apple cause of that
giak262: at least im not stupid and *****, dumb *****

[mod edit] let's keep it nice ;) [/mod edit]

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
wow. i don't know what the saddest part of that is... how pathetic his reason is, or that it's completely wrong. by changing one tiny preference, the return key by itself will, indeed, send messages. that's actually how mine is set up. oh well, i suppose we don't need people that are going to be that foolish, anyway.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
That IS pretty funny :p

reminds me of when Red Sox fans start arguing with Yankees fans:

Sox fan: You guys f***** suck!
Yankees fan: YOU guys f***** suck!
Sox fan: You're a f****** ***** *** ** * * ** * !!
Yankees fan: Oh yeah??? Well you're a f*** * * ** * **** * ** * !!
Sox fan: F*** YOU YOU **** * ** ** ** * *!!!
Yankees fan: F*** YOU YOU *** * ** * * ** @#$)%(!#@~@#)( !!
Sox fan: !@#$$)#%(%^$@%*)@#$**** #$%%@#$(!!!!
Yankees fan: @#$)(%#$*)@#$***(@Q)#$%(!!!!

(they fight)

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
Originally posted by baby duck monge
by changing one tiny preference, the return key by itself will, indeed, send messages. that's actually how mine is set up.
I agree, but I think that what shocks and amazes me is that...THAT's this guy's complaint? Cmd-enter? What's he so busy doing with his other hand that holding down the Cmd key ruins his chatting experience? Wait...don't answer that.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Originally posted by idea_hamster
I agree, but I think that what shocks and amazes me is that...THAT's this guy's complaint? Cmd-enter? What's he so busy doing with his other hand that holding down the Cmd key ruins his chatting experience? Wait...don't answer that.

In all honesty, that really bugged me too, because I was used to just typing enter. But... before I got all pissy about it, I checked the preferences, and lo and behold, there was an option for hitting enter only.

;)

Alia

CMillerERAU

macrumors regular
May 12, 2003
AIM for windows is preset that way too. You have to go into preferences to activate the return key to send messages. Rediculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.