"You will not be able to access documents in iCloud Drive on Macs not running 10.10"

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mrat93, Sep 9, 2014.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

This might cause some issues for some people who rely on this. Does this mean I can't access my Preview or TextEdit documents on Mavericks? Or is it just saying I can't browse my iCloud Drive on Mavericks?

2. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

If you have Mavericks you can't access iCloud Drive or any other file stored in it. Pages documents included, same goes for TextEdit and Preview.

3. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

This is why iOS 8 and Yosemite should both be released at the same time.

4. smokesletsgo macrumors regular

I doubt you'd like that. Yosemite is definitely not ready yet, lots of bugs, graphics glitches, aestheticallly looks like a mess.. Still a lot of work needed.

5. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

I think the issue is that Apple is asking users to upgrade to iCloud Drive when setting up iOS 8, which breaks iCloud compatibility with the latest Mac OS. They should have waited until Yosemite is released to deploy iCloud Drive for iOS, or at least make a .x update to Mavericks to make it work. It's also worth mentioning that the photos in the cloud feature (best iCloud Drive feature, IMO) isn't even ready with the final version of iOS 8.

6. Planey28 macrumors 6502

iOS 8 isn't officially out yet, for all we know there could be an update for Mavericks (unlikely) or the web version of iCloud drive will launch with iOS 8 in the meantime.

7. WJKramer macrumors 6502

8. Zcott macrumors 68020

Could be done with an iWork update.